Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iron Maiden "Killer" tab? Accurate as possible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden "Killer" tab? Accurate as possible.

Once the bas intro begins...
    Adrian plays a couple of harmonic's and then goes into a series of notes and letting the (lack of a better way to explain it)high open E ring out. I hear and have this.

Still in the intro section, when it changes and Murrary plays those octaves ( sound like octaves to me anyways).
    I need some help with hearing and getting it right, as to what Adrain is doing in this part. It sounds like his doing something similar to before a series of notes and letting the high open E ring out. Its sounds like it, but its not the same notes as before. I played it that way in the part of it and it doesn't sound right. Theres something he's doing that I'm unfortunately not able to entirely pick up on. I need this part.

Any help, whether its tab or you can PM me that part.
    Either way, it works for me.
    These tabs are sort of accurate but not really, especially the part I'm reffering to. Doesn't sound right, I tried both of them.
    http://metaltabs.com/tab/3697/
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/...s_ver2_tab.htm
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Re: Iron Maiden \"Killer\" tab? Accurate as possible.

You'd be surprised; they might sound different when played individually, but will sound "as recorded" when played together.
    I had the tab to Time In A Bottle, but playing each one separately doesn't sound like the recording. Playing both together does.

My old band had a song where the singer was trying to do some wierd off-key wavering thing that didn't match the melody. I overdubbed a string section over that part and it pulled his melody in line with the rest of it.
    Tripped me out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Iron Maiden \"Killer\" tab? Accurate as possible.

yup. one thing that tripped me out about a maiden discovery years ago when i wasn't playing all that long, was on the trooper. i was in a cover band with another guitarist that smoked me at the time. we played the trooper but both of us were playing murrays melody on the riff that precedes the verse. you would think he, being a pretty good player at the time would have had a problem with this, but didn't. i had a stereo with a blown channel so when listening to live after death all you could really hear was adrian. so i learned and nailed his part of the harmony riff. we were practicing one day without our bass player and i hadn't told him i learned adrians part, and just started playing it. he stopped playing and said "what the fuck are you doing? that sounds like shit!" i, not being that great yet kinda took it to heart and thought maybe i hadn't learned it right after all. but the next time our bass player showed and nailed down the notes underneath this part it sounded great and the other guitarist was singing my praises! funny how those bass note tie those harmonies together... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

Re: Iron Maiden \"Killer\" tab? Accurate as possible

Thanks...
        I can hear it, Adrian is doing something alittle different when it changes, but I just can't make it out.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

Here's the live video of "Killers" (the one with the alternate lyrics). I cropped it and posted it below.

http://s38.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=2...X1FDDZ5W0W43D3

You can see Clive and Steve doing the drum/bass intro, then Dave starts the trilling at about 7 seconds into the video. Adrian does the two harmonics at 9 seconds and 12 seconds. As soon as Paul starts his series of screams, Dave hits sliding powerchords while Adrian performs those "Remember Tomorrow" style picked notes.

Refer to exactly which time in the video is it you're having trouble hearing because I don't quite recognize which part you're having problems with.

Comment

Appreciate the video clip, nice I enjoyed it.
            It didn't show any decent viewable shots of Adrian, it showed mostly Dave, Steve and Paul.
            Can you PM me the whole video?
            I'd love to have it, great stuff, I'm a Maiden fan indeed.

I think I'll try some of these tribute forums and see what help I can get there.
            Thanks.

Comment

Can't PM you the whole video... it's an official video release and I don't want Steve and his lawyers after me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It may be found on the new "The History Of Iron Maiden" DVD series, "Part 1: The Early Days". AWESOME DVDs if you haven't picked it up yet. A "Dance Of Death" live DVD is coming out soon too... damn guys stealing my money... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

True, it didn't show H much, but since it does show Dave and what he's doing, process of elimination thinking can be used to determine what H is playing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So which part were you having trouble hearing exactly? Going back to your original post, I am guessing that it's the part where Steve's bassline changes and you're trying to figure out what H is doing at that spot. Am I right?

Comment

Yep...your correct, thats the part.
                Needing to know what Adrain is playing during that part/change.

Comment

All quarter notes:

E------0------0------0---|---8---0-8---0-8-----|
                  B---10-----10-----10-----|---------------------|
                  G--------9------9--------|-----9-----9-----9---|
                  D------------------------|---------------------|
                  A------------------------|---------------------|
                  E------------------------|---------------------|

E---8-7------8-7--------|------0------0------0---|
                  B-------10-8-----10-8---|---10-----10-----10-----|
                  G-----------------------|--------9------9--------|
                  D-----------------------|------------------------|
                  A-----------------------|------------------------|
                  E-----------------------|------------------------|

Aaaaaaaaaaaand repeat. It basically follows Steve's basslines so watch for the changes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

"Killers" my favorite metal album ever!!!

use to open with it years ago

"numbers" tab is correct..i know i use to have to play Adrian parts

it is pretty close to the riff in "remember tommorow"

Comment

Thanks a bunch.
                      I knew I kept hearing the high E ring out, but just couldn't tell what else it was doing. Thats what I needed.
                      Thanks "number" much appreciated.
                      Now to move on to the lead, both Murrary and Adrains parts.

Comment

Bahhh, I never play the leads the way they play, I just do a bunch of bluesy licks that are sorta "close" to what they play... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You're welcome bro. Now go learn "Remember Tomorrow" too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I find the second bar of NOTP's tab awkward. I find it much easier to play the whole section like this. It's all the same notes in the end [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

E--5-0-0-5-0-0-5-0-|-8-0-0-8-0-0-8-0-0-|
                          B-------------------|--------------------|
                          G-------------------|--------------------|
                          D-------------------|--------------------|
                          A-------------------|--------------------|
                          E-------------------|--------------------|

E---8-7------8-7------|-5-0-0-5-0-0-5-0-|
                          B------10-8-----10-8--|------------------|
                          G----------------------|------------------|
                          D----------------------|------------------|
                          A----------------------|------------------|
                          E----------------------|------------------|
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

I never thought about doing it that way before. It is interesting though! Even though the notes are the same, you don't get the picked ringing notes sound and feel, but you probably don't even hear it when playing loudly anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You can definitely hear the rhythmic pattern the ringing quarter notes create.

Comment

Working...
                              X