Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any uk jcf members going to download 05?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any uk jcf members going to download 05?

the lineup looks pretty good this year, if your in to metal and live in the uk it is a must.
    check it out
    http://www.downloadfestival.com/lineup/index.asp
    [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: any uk jcf members going to download 05?

It is definitely a cool lineup, but I live too far away and can't be doing with camping any more!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I can't go to all three days, which is a shame as it's an awesome line up. But am hoping to make it for Sunday. Plus I'm getting too old to do all the camping thing! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] So neilli, I can totally sympathise with you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        the lineup looks pretty good this year, if your in to metal and live in the uk it is a must.
        check it out

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, no, if you live in the UK and listen to REAL metal, www.bloodstock.uk.com is a must.

Comment

bloodstock looks awesome, i will have to enquire further as i've always wanted to see children of bodom. there are more shite bands at download than good ones but still enough decent bands to make it worth while.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            check it out

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, no, if you live in the UK and listen to REAL metal, www.bloodstock.uk.com is a must.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real metal? So "founder" bands of metal like Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax don't count dude? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            Fair enough, we all have our opinion on the newer stuff. But personnally speaking, I like bands like Slipknot, American Head Charge, Mastodon...........each to their own I say dude.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              bloodstock looks awesome, i will have to enquire further as i've always wanted to see children of bodom. there are more shite bands at download than good ones but still enough decent bands to make it worth while.

[/ QUOTE ]

CoB were last year [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                check it out

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Real metal? So "founder" bands of metal like Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax don't count dude? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                Fair enough, we all have our opinion on the newer stuff. But personnally speaking, I like bands like Slipknot, American Head Charge, Mastodon...........each to their own I say dude.

[/ QUOTE ]
                I agree, in part.

Besides the "founders" bands sets..

Download festival is pretty much an insult to real metal. The bands that ARE real metal and i have been a fan of for years (Best example: Nightwish) are only on there because they are now marketed as fasionable.
                Tell me a "Metal" festival like download would put on a band like Norther, Rhapsody or whatever... No, becuase it's not what the little kids want to ehar cause it's not what has been in their little magazines lately.

I hate the "Download" kid crew. One of my favourite bands, Dragonforce. Seen them 3 times in the past 9 months alone, every time it's been an awesome crowd but the last time when Metal hammer and stuff marketed it and all the little scene-kiddies were there and all i witnessed was violence towards the metal brethern.

I hate it. Call me an Eletist asshole if you wish, i admit it freely, but i hate this crowd and it is ruining real metal for real metallers.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, stop holding back and tell us how you really feel.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I would call you an 'Eletist asshole' if I had any idea what 'eletist' meant.
                  j/k [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Dude, I agree that there's no place for the morons bringing violence to the metal gigs, etc. But I'm sure they're not all like that. Plus we should be encouraging the next generation of metallers to join in. Afterall, didn't WE have to start somewhere? As far as I'm concerned, the more people into metal, rock, whatever, the better it is. So what if the newbies have read some review in kerrang, or whatever magazine and decided to go and watch?
                    Plus I've never subscribed to "my kind of metal is better/more real than your kind of metal". As far as festivals like Download AND Bloodstock go, long may thay continue. I along with my fellow metal dudes used to make an annual event to go the Monsters Of Rock festival and I was kinda sad when that stopped. Like I said before, each to their own dude.

Comment

Dude, metal is metal, don't be so fucking uptight.

Andy!

Comment

well the site says its this year, unless im getting my years mixed up [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        i also dislike the fact that some people are into certain types of metal just because its fasionable, in a few years they'll move on and true metal fans will still be listening to the muscic they love. download is one of very few chances i get to see bands that im interested in, if it wasn't for all the "kids" buying tickets to go and see the bands they like then they wouldn't even put the show on.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Dude, metal is metal, don't be so fucking uptight.

Andy!

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, it just pisses me off how i go see bands i've loved for years where the gigs were a brotherhood, just being taken over by an attempt to hurt other crowdmembers be it by picking fights or similar.
                          It just saddens me that metal media in the UK has ruined what once was a beautiful brotherhood.

Comment

Working...
                          X