Best Guitar Solo of the 80s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Guitar Solo of the 80s?

I mean within a specific song. i.e., Excluding guitar solos that are the entire song, in and of itself (like Eruption).

Every time I hear the Scorps "Rock You Like a Hurricane", I think Matthias Jabs nabbed near perfection with that solo. It really makes the whole song. He was clearly in a groove when recording that one.

And guys like Neal Schon are killer at creating very melodic "songs within a song" with their solos. I could probably name a bunch from him.

But if you had to pick one, what would it be?

Re: Best Guitar Solo of the 80s?

The Solo Randy did on Tonight always hits me like a ton of bricks, best Randy solo ever
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Easy. George Lynch - In My Dreams. Voted the best solo in 1987 by the readers of GFTPM.

Comment

Lay it down-war in D

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Easy. George Lynch - In My Dreams. Voted the best solo in 1987 by the readers of GFTPM.

[/ QUOTE ]
          +1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

way too many so I can't pick only one. Aside form the obvious Randy Rhoads and George Lynch stuff one solo that often gets over looked is Gary Moore's solo on Shapes of Things....
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cacophony's Concerto is amazing and a great 80's neoclassical song with lotsa lead.

Paradise City is a classic.

One always get's my hair up, it's overrated, but damn me if that song is not anthemic.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i'm the one-van halen
                heads i win,tails you lose,7th avenue, and 10 more by -warren de martini
                i love the night- buck dharma -blue oyster cult.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

EVH - Beat It. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Hell no , this ain't popularity contest of what some magazine dictates...

one must know ALL the players before passing judgement..fuck GW , Rolling Stone , MTV and all that shit...

There we two solos that changed geetar in the 80's in a BIG WAY...Eruption was at the end of the seventies...but inspired so much in the 80's..

and Black Star the first song off the first rising force album...as soon as that album came out ...how man Yngwie clones did that spawn...too many...till this day..

Uli Roth constructed some of the BEST solos in the 80.s...people have duplicated Lynch , Malmsteen , Randy and Ed , and Warren D....but nobody could touch Uli....till this day.

I remeber so many people trying to play with eight digits after seeing Jeff Watson...including me..I gave up on that shit quick though..

there is way too many players in the game to choose from ...Yngwie and Ed dominated the scene hands down....and everyone else were disciples of those two...including Lynch , Warren D , Randy and the rest..by their own admissions..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Megadeth - Hangar 18

The way those two trade off at the end kills me every time.

Comment

For some strange reason, I've always loved VH's solo in I'll Wait. The whole song is synth/keyboards, but when the guitar kicks in for the solo, I can't get enough of it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

kerry King. Fight for Your Right to Party!!!

Comment

Van Halen and Yngwie dominated the 80's...period!

people wanted to play like one or the other ...or both.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's your vision. Other people have other opinions.
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X