Best Guitar Solo of the 80s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Guitar Solo of the 80s?

I'd have to say Brad Gillis/Jaff Watson for Don't Tell me You Love me. THe reason I say this is that we are covering that song and I have the Brad Gillis part. John (jgcable is doing the Jeff Watson part and he smokes it, but then again, he's good and I suck! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There's just something about this solo.

I gotta go with Bill on the Eruption thing though. It was the late 70's but that is where the 80's shredders came from for sure.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

here we go

Comment

I wont forget you - poison.

hahaha

Comment

the question was which guitar solo that wasnt the whole song.Has to be a solo within a song, eruption and black star are solo instrumentals.

Comment

for me its gotta be something by cacophony, dont know which solo to pick though. marty friedman and jason becker kick ass on both albums, awesome phrasing and technical ability.

Comment

"That's your vision. Other people have other opinions."

"Other people"...yeah other people like Randy , George , Warren...all those fuckers...they worshipped ED..and or Malmsteen..

that is not just my "vision"...this is fact...look it up , read once in a while ...it's good for ya... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OK nipplehead...who was your inspiration...I bet my summer sausage THEY were inspired by one of these two...who...Vitto Bratta...Warren D....Steve Lynch...Greg Howe..Jason Bescker..Steve Vai...Satch...Brad Gillis and Jeff Watson.. go a head pick one... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'm waiting...who was the man GOR....who.

sometimes it's best to be silent...if you don't know WTF you're talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

They only one I could see that wasn't effected was probably Angus Young...he's in his own world..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

my first hero was hendrix and brian jones from the stones when i was like 5. i had hippie rocker older brothers in 1971.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  my summer sausage

[/ QUOTE ]
                  LOL That's gonna be the name of my next band! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tommy that is NOT the 80's silly...the 80's were Eddie and Yngwie...Then Randy....and then those who followed..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Some of my favorites (don't know if they're really "the best"):

Allan Holdsworth: "Metal Fatigue"

John Sykes: "Still of the Night" (short, but sweet)

Tony Iommi: "Neon Knights"

Gillis/Watson: "Don't Tell Me You Love Me"

Gary Moore: "Oh Pretty Woman"

EVH: "Unchained"

Frank Zappa: "Keep It Greasey"

Rhoads: "Flying High Again"

Comment

James Hetfield. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Let the flaming begin, like I give a flying fuck. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

There are so many..
                          Top of my list I guess is Randy on Crazy Train.

Comment

I dunno, maybe ALL Akira Takasaki's solos ;p
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Horns didnt your mother teach you how to play with others? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Its an opinion thread, and while you are possessed by the DEVIL, it doesnt meant that via, or lynch or deville could write a killer solo.Ed was heavily influenced by holdsworth and clapton, so should we say that they are the only ones to choose from?Yngwie took blackmore's style and ran with it and made it his own, but he did worship Ritchie to the point of playing thesame guitars, scalloping the neck and his stage outfits. Its all relative bro. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

ok

Eddie Van Halen...Van Halen - Ice Cream Man
                                John Sykes...Whitesnake - Crying on the rain
                                John Sykes...Blue Murder - Blue Murder
                                Akira Takasaki...Loudness - Ashes in the sky
                                Vito Bratta...White Lion - Wait
                                George Lynch...Dokken - In My dreams
                                Warren DeMartini...RATT - Lovin' you is a dirty job
                                Jake E. Lee...Ozzy - Bark At The Moon
                                Vivian Campell...Dio - Rainbow In the Dark
                                uuh there are so many
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X