X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gall of some people!

Sorry, I gotta vent...

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    OK, I've got a couple auctions going in eBay, so some guy messages me on two items and wants me to come down on the prices. I respond that I've got a wedding coming up and every little bit counts so I wasn't coming down on the auctions. So the guy has the gall to e-mail me back and tell me not to get married. His reasoning? He got married 16 years ago and still doesn't know why he did it.

I then said that every situation is different. So the jerk e-mails me back about how he was looking for a deal. I asked him if he was just looking for a deal then why give unsolicited marital advice to someone he doesn't know.

I'm sorry, but since I asked Kristi to marry me, I've had two people respond negatively. And both of them I wanted to punch in the mouth. Now I'm sorry that marriage didn't work out for them, but I'm not them. Don't doom me to their mistakes. Joking is one thing, but assuming that my marriage isn't going to work for the twisted notions they have in their head is just f*cking stupid!

Sorry... had to get that off my chest.
    Occupy JCF

Re: The gall of some people!

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]I know what you mean. Some people just frustrate the hell out of you. For example... a woman I knew was having a yard sale one day and this "lady" comes up, looks at a some stuff and picks up a purse. The price was only $0.25, and she had the nerve to ask if she would take $0.10 for it! I mean, come on!!! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Some people just aren't happy if they aren't making others miserable or pissing them off. To hell with that dumbass trying to talk you down! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Todd Dude, Don't worry about idiots like that...

I know this is almost hypocritical coming from me...but ignore them...they are stupid...they were always stupid and always will be...

that is their job...just to piss us off..

try and not get all worked up over something you can't change nor control....I wish I can follow my own advice..

besides you have enough on your mind as it is with the wedding and all..

Just worry about yourself and your good woman...that is all you should be concerned with...that is the most important thing...everything else can go to hell..

as long as you and Mrs Tekky...have each other..and are HAPPY!

I have that man...I had it for nearly 20 years...I have a tremendous woman in every possible way....we , are lucky dudes sir...

so , we should try harder count our blessing and the hell with all the other bullshit...I know that is easier said and done sometimes..

believe me...I have anger issues...I don't have to tell you that.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW..Did you get Tony Harnel's "Starbreaker" yet....you will...and I want you to thank me when you do... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

peace man, and good luck to the both of you..I mean that!

Bill
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, I would say some people are of the attitude that "it never hurts to ask" In his case, he thought that 2x. People say sh*t that pisses me off too. In his case he wasn't being very considerate or sensitive and was just thinking more of himself than of you. I do it alot on the hiway everyday [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
        However, you offered the ammo. People who are buyers on ebay sometimes treat a person who is selling something like they would a store. Someone who states they are looking for a deal are treating you like a store with an item for sale rather than an individual.
        You don't have to overly personable or divulging, a simple "no thanks and I don't plan on budging until I think I have too." You could have just emailed back and said.. "thanks, but I'll pass-it's a wonder why you're not divorced" but then that would have been on his level too.
        I'll remember to either duck or hit you first if I ever see ya, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]...

and again..congrats.

Comment

Well sure , there is nothing wrong with negotiating...all they can say is no right?

but the guys doesn't even know Todd to joke on a personal matter...

Now if he knows him..and they're just bustin balls ...that's a different story..

I get very upset when a stranger tries to be a smart ass or cute with me , he doesn't know me to do that...and I let them know that INSTANTLY..

They always apologize..because they realize that was a stupid thing to say..those people are jerks.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

ahh well, over the internet someone could say pretty much any insulting inconsiderate thing they can think of and walk away from it and not think there would ever be repercussion. The hit n run fuels this kinda thing. I don't believe Todd really did anything wrong. Sometimes putting people in their place can have an opposite effect as well.. like an unjustified neg given this is eBay were talking here.

Comment

people are just like that...on the internet , in person..

best to just ignore them and don't even acknowledge them ...well unless they keep pokin' the bear...then a good ol' FOB is warranted.

sometimes when you poke a bear...well , sometimes you get bit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but some people are stupid enough to stick there hand in the bear cage...and they will...they get bit...because they're dumb....and they'll do it again...because they're dumb. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

for a minute I thought this was about the ole' Soviet Union. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

oh yeahhhh...I hear ya..

I been so uptight for so long...It's really getting old...I must start to let the small crap just roll off me...and just be concerned what really matters.

I'm workin' on it.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Sorry, I gotta vent...

OK, I've got a couple auctions going in eBay, so some guy messages me on two items and wants me to come down on the prices. I respond that I've got a wedding coming up and every little bit counts so I wasn't coming down on the auctions. So the guy has the gall to e-mail me back and tell me not to get married. His reasoning? He got married 16 years ago and still doesn't know why he did it.

I then said that every situation is different. So the jerk e-mails me back about how he was looking for a deal. I asked him if he was just looking for a deal then why give unsolicited marital advice to someone he doesn't know.

I'm sorry, but since I asked Kristi to marry me, I've had two people respond negatively. And both of them I wanted to punch in the mouth. Now I'm sorry that marriage didn't work out for them, but I'm not them. Don't doom me to their mistakes. Joking is one thing, but assuming that my marriage isn't going to work for the twisted notions they have in their head is just f*cking stupid!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">get used it Todd, there are those who just HATE to see people happy, why?, I have no friggin clue. Like water off a ducks ass........... </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Todd
                      Been with Diane since I was 17, gonna be 40 soon..do the math .. some people are just jerks ..I've had people tell me I was crazy for getting married too .. there are always the jokers and then there are the bitter ones..

you guys will do great and screw anyone who wants to rain on your parade ..
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The ones that tell you to not get married are the ones who got married for the wrong reason - permanent free sex, a "mommy II" at home to do their laundry and feed them, or "because that's what people do when they turn 18", or "for the sake of the child she's carrying", so they think it's gonna turn to shit for everyone just because they got themselves in a situation like that.

I hear it all the time as well - some asshat telling me not to get married based on their problems. I usually let them know that just because they fell for the wrong one doesn't mean I will.
                        They don't like to hear that but screw 'em, I don't wanna hear their crap either.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          Sorry, I gotta vent...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">get used it Todd, there are those who just HATE to see people happy, why?, I have no friggin clue. Like water off a ducks ass........... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I unfortunately have to agree, I seriously wonder where these assbirths come from sometimes..... I just tell tehm to bid or hold their peace, that I´m not interested in any sort of advice, just cold hard cash...usually shuts them up quick....If it doesn´t, blacklist the bidder and the e-mail address, problem solved [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Best of luck for you two, but contrary to what these douches think I don´t think you´ll really need it [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Not even worth your time Tekky. Good thing is, you only had to deal with him once......he has to deal with himself every day!
                            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

What an idiot. Don't listen to the guy. I never give advice unless asked. I do think people rush into marriage too fast tho or get married for all the wrong reasons which are probably why the marriage survival rate is about 50%. That and its not always smooth sailing, you have to really work at it sometimes and people quit too early and get a divorce.

Only you know if is right for you and since you are getting married you already have the answer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you know when you get a keeper [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I met my wife in 87, lived together for 5 years and then got married, still together. I've been blessed with a great wife. I have buddies who have the wife who owns the nadds and that's not cool in my book, yes dear, no dear can I do this dear are words I couldn't live with on a daily basis [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Marriages do fail for some reasons but what I don't understand is people who are on their 3rd or 4th wife. I doubt I'd marry again if I was to get divorced. I could see maybe a 2nd wife but unfortunately my current wife wouldn't go for it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X