Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston fans - are 'ya getting nervous yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston fans - are \'ya getting nervous yet?

i was wondering why jeets didn't let that other dude make the catch. granted, i only saw it from one angle, but it looked like he had a chance before jeter totally tackled him to make the play.

...which he did nicely. the guy's a great player, but he's got a flair for the dramatic, to say the least. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      flair for the dramatic

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaddayamean? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] That was a great catch! He held onto the ball didn't he?, unlike Bronson Arroyo (Sully-insert A-Rod purse picture).

Now, back to a 'flair for the dramatic'. My man, Trot Nixon [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] automatically goes into an epilectic fit when the ball is hit in his direction. I never heard of anyone spending so much time on his back (and on his knees), maybe except for Elton John. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I almost rout for the Yanks to hit it to right field, just so I can get amused. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...6lr%3D%26sa%3DG

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/...6/f4mWlGR2.jpg

http://cache.boston.com/images/sport...ot2_800600.jpg

Comment

i didn't say it wasn't a great catch, but it looked as if he went for the drama instead of letting the dude that he tackled catch it. again, i only saw it from one angle, and maybe he didn't have a shot at it, who knows. but yeah, that play, along with the flying into the crowd catch from last year are on the dramatic side, no?

not having sox blinders or anything, but i don't see what your issue with trot is, he's a decent fielder. he's got nothin on jeets.
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Trots a solid fielder, with a great arm and has come up with some big hits ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Holy crap, I'd better tone it down, I got 2 Admins on me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for Nixon, he just irks the sh*t outa me as a person. It's not a Red Sox thing, (well maybe a little). I grew up a die-hard Yankee fan, but my favorite player of all time was Freddie Lynn. I think a combination of Nixon's goofiness, mouth, coordination and over-dramitization, irks me. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

He went into the stands last week. Funny how the fans didn't jump out of the way so he could land solidly on the seats though. When the feast is bountiful the ship is loaded with rats. But man do they abandone ship when it isn't.
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

hm donf, perhaps your dislike of trot is similar to my sheer hatred of gary "the juice is loose" sheffield. hate that bat wagging-timing thing that he does, and he just comes off as a prick, but i can't say he's not a good player. i can't say that he's a great player because he's tainted his career by being a cheater.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    hm donf, perhaps your dislike of trot is similar to my sheer hatred of gary "the juice is loose" sheffield.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably what it is. Some players just get under the skin. Roberto Alomar is another one for me.

Comment

pifffft... Yankees, Redsox. I might care about them the last couple of weeks of the season and playoffs. I jumping on the Texas Ranger train...hottest team in baseball right now (well at least in the last 5) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        hottest team in baseball right now

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard it was about 101 or a 102 degrees down there. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

With Guerraro out of it in LA??? Anahiem??? the Rangers should and could definitely take advantage of that situation.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Trot Nixon. I just find it amusing that the guy's named after a horse's walking style! ...I'll leave the rest of that one to the imagination. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Aren't you the one that posted the thing about the Italian sausage? I don't think we need to know what your imagination is brewing up. lol And that's his middle name by the way. His full name is Christopher Trotman Nixon. No idea where the Trotman came from. I'm just hoping you guy's get Clemens back so Trot can continue punishing him when he's on the mound. That will be worth George's 21 million for us Sox fans.
                              We must!
                              We must!
                              The bigger the better!
                              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

full name: christopher trotman nixon. i'm guessing that trotman is a family last name or something. different, yes, but the guy's got heart, that's for damn sure.
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X