Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston fans - are 'ya getting nervous yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston fans - are \'ya getting nervous yet?

[ QUOTE ]
    christopher trotman nixon

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]Grrrrrrr

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

it's just a name, tiger, no need to get all mad about it. or are you bummed to learn that trot isn't his real first name. much like how i'm assuming the the f in your name isn't part of the original spelling.

....or is it a silent f? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah I knew it was the fact that Trot puts it to Clemens that bothered you most DonF. lol Not only Trot either. Bill Mueller, Kevin Millar and Doug Mirabelli all sport 300+ averages versus Clemens. I hope the "boss" is thinking hard on this one. Rumor has it that Cano and Wang/Wong/Whateverhisname is are on the block and the Astros are interested. That would be two more decent prospects George threw away for a veteran pitcher. Oh and the D-Backs send their thanks. Halsey is working out great for them.
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ....or is it a silent f?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey....wait a minute. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yeah I knew it was the fact that Trot puts it to Clemens that bothered you most DonF

[/ QUOTE ]

What,..one Red Sox beating the crap out of another Red Sox [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
            Oh and the D-Backs send their thanks. Halsey is working out great for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget Vasquez either. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I can tell that's not a picture of him catching a ball, cause he's standing. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Looks a little limp wristed though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

limp wristed? you mean like this?

Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

still brooding after 86 years and a world series title last year. i give up, we've instilled more hate in red sox fans it's hilarious. i'm not saying shit this season. i'm just going to watch us win.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I knew that picture was coming out.....thats funny! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        still brooding after 86 years and a world series title last year. i give up, we've instilled more hate in red sox fans it's hilarious. i'm not saying shit this season. i'm just going to watch us win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy............don't you abandon me. There's major Red Sox fans here, and I need some help. I don't want to be the only one, other than the Yankees looking back at the 3rd place Red Sox, after this weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

you don't need me or anybody when it comes to the sox versus the yankees my fellow pinstriper Don. i stopped complaining and we've been playing great the second i stopped. new strategy, no yapping.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

It's funny how cocky they get with a pennant every 80-something years. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can hear the chant already:

"Once since 18!...clap, clap, clapclapclap...Once since 18!...clap, clap, clapclapclap" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

i don't think anyone's being cocky in this thread just yet. i've said it many times that i do not expect the sox to repeat, but of course, i'll be cheering them on all season.

i do, however, still hate the yankees. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I first want to applaud the Red Sox for winning the World Series. But 1 win does not make a dynasty. As I look at the Red Sox, I can see a team thats not great, not good, but mediocre. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Their World series win is attributed to a lucky streak at the end of last year that carried them to the wild card spot and on to the World Series, just like Arizona. It won't last, they're not a dynasty type team. They lack the players for that. Replace Millar, replace Mueller, jesus, get rid of Trot Nixon and rebuild. They tacked a "C" on the wrong man's chest. Varitek will disappear in a couple of years when they realize that they made a mistake and tacked a "C" on a man because of the thrill of the moment and not because of his leadership, and definitly not his talent. The "C" should have been tacked on the man who left for the NY Mets.

Pedro was Boston heart and soul, as much as I hated playing against him. He was comparable to Jeter. Jeter is not the best player on the team. Not the best hitter, not the best runner, not the best fielder, but....Jeter is the heart.

Mark my word, Boston was lucky, but congratulations on your 1st World Series win, but don't look anytime soon for the next one. There are too many teams better teams in the league to let that happen again, just like Arizona.

I can't see Boston finishing any better than 4th, behind, of course, the 1st place Yankees, then the improved Orioles, and a bettered team in the Blue Jays (check tonights score).

Standing tonight show the Yanks jumping to 2nd place and the Red Sox jumping to 4th place.......get use to it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X