Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston fans - are 'ya getting nervous yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston fans - are \'ya getting nervous yet?

saw a stat during sunday's game that the sox/yanks are 40/39 since 2002. there was a bunch more stats like pitching ERAs, batting averages, slugging %, etc, and it was all so very close (still most, if not all, were jsut barely in the sox' favor). i think that's pretty cool. i also believe that the sox have won more of the season series this year as well.

and if the sox really suck, how does it feel to have your yanks regularly beaten by a team that sucks? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      There IS hope for youse guys !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Youse guys......it's rubbing off, soon I'll turn all youse Red Sox fans into Yankee fans. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Maybe that wouldn't be a good idea after all,.... gotta have some ribbin' going on here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

notice the wink afterwards. I was being polite.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sully, heard a cool stat about the whoopin on Saturday. That is the most hits in one game by one team in Yankee Stadium. Including the Yankees..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Oooooh. They took two out of three. My knees are shakin'. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh .. more sarcasm .. that seems to be all Yanks fans know.. other than DonF .. He shows the class that yanks fan should posses ..

[/ QUOTE ]

and when have i not shown class kev? (this only includes baseball-lol)
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

i am a 14 year season ticket holder ('75 in shea stadium thru '88) 3-4 great years, the rest, not so great, but i went and yelled for my pinstriped heros.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            saw a stat during sunday's game that the sox/yanks are 40/39 since 2002. there was a bunch more stats like pitching ERAs, batting averages, slugging %, etc, and it was all so very close (still most, if not all, were jsut barely in the sox' favor). i think that's pretty cool. i also believe that the sox have won more of the season series this year as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That why it's a great rivalry. Doesn't matter who's hot at the time, whose cold, when they get together, all that crap goes out the window. The players get more intense,...... and speaking of intense....that goddamn Ortiz had better lower his level a little bit! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              notice the wink afterwards. I was being polite..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I saw. I sat here for 10 minutes trying to come back with my best Bostonian accent, but couldn't come up with anything. I need to practice more. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Don,
                I totaly agree on the raising to a new level when they get together. It just seems to bring out the best in the players on BOTH teams.
                Nah we'll leave Ortiz right where he is right now....Yankee Killer... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                Matsui seems to have our staff pretty well figured out [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

hot streak starts today after the ugliest loss i've seen in a while last night. yanks take 7 of their next 8.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    hot streak starts today after the ugliest loss i've seen in a while last night. yanks take 7 of their next 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was horrible! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] Not only did we lose to the worst team in baseball...........we lost to a pitcher that was 0-6.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Heh .. more sarcasm .. that seems to be all Yanks fans know.. other than DonF .. He shows the class that yanks fan should posses ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Whassamatta, Kev? Do you think I don't respect the Sox? Of course I do. How can you not respect the greatest rivalry in sports? [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

But the Sox could beat the Yanks each and every game this year - crush them even - and they'd still suck. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] History proves this right. Not one year.

The Sox should enjoy the accolades. They are still the champs. And they deserved it. But this is a different year. And - with respect to the Sox's record - more than likely, history will repeat itself yet again. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

we're not allowed to make jokes or they consider us yankee fans racists-lol

Comment

I still can't get over Pedro in a Mets uniform....But then again, I thought Clemmons with the Yankees was the end of it all. And look what happened.

Comment

I'm not getting involved with the baseball talk, I just saw this picture in the Chicago Tribune and I thought it was hilarious. Just sharing it...

<center>

Scene of the crime

Boston Red Sox pitcher John Halama walks past an outline of Johnny Damon, who slammed into the bullpen wall at the spot during a game Tuesday night.

[i]<font size=-2>(AP) June 2, 2005</font>

</center>
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah that was friggin funny. Timlin did that yesterday before warmups. Johnny walked out and saw it and went up to it and lined his body up against it. Was pretty friggin close. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Johnny got 4 stiches on his EYELID... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's funny. Players seem to do goofy sh*t, like pranks on each also. There's a lot of funny stuff out there that tells what happens in the dugout/locker room, etc

Sparky Lyle, ex-Red Sox, ex-Yankee, wrote a book called The Bronx Zoo, which tell about a lot of that stuff. Had me cracking up when I read it on a Greyhound bus back in the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                                X