Bringing Gear on a Plane Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing Gear on a Plane Trip

So anyone ever have trouble with gear on a plane trip?

I have never had trouble carrying a guitar. But I am going to bring a Boss Metalzone padal with me next trip.

Thinking about putting it in my suitcase.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Bringing Gear on a Plane Trip

nah.. I flew overseas twice this month. Had a metalzone and a bunch of cables in my suitcase, but brought my guitar with me on the plane.

Comment

I travel around a lot and always take my Mod 6 with me, as for gear, Pandora's box, assorted wires. Never had a problem, except for one time they took the guitar and stored it up front. Normally with a gig bag I can put it overhead. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        So anyone ever have trouble with gear on a plane trip?

I have never had trouble carrying a guitar. But I am going to bring a Boss Metalzone padal with me next trip.

Thinking about putting it in my suitcase.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Disconnect it from the C-4 and you should be alright. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Disconnect it from the C-4 and you should be alright. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

My only problem was miami airport put my KV2 on the wrong flight home...

Comment

yeah, i would never check a guitar. that's how my very first guitar got stolen. bring it with you into the cabin as a carry on.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Just make sure to take the battery off of the pedal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  yeah, i would never check a guitar. that's how my very first guitar got stolen. bring it with you into the cabin as a carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem was... it was in a hardcase and they wouldn't allow that in the cabin of a transatlantic flight.

Comment

gate check the case and have them put the guitar in the wardrobe closet. use your charm and sweet talk the boarding pass lady (who will most probably be a stewardess on the flight). tell her how irreplaceable the guitar is, how you once had a priceless guitar stolen (they all know about the baggage handlers), etc.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Yeah, there is definately no freaking way I would check a guitar, no matter what it cost me. Most baggage handlers are only one step above cavemen as it seems.

Comment

I took a chance and let them load my #1 Warrior in the baggage hold.....I did have the check in clerk plaster it with Fragile stickers too (and made sure the case was locked). This was only once, and I didn't have a problem coming or going. I probably wouldn't do it again, or buy a heavy duty Anvil case for a particular guitar if I were going to travel with an axe again.

Comment

Working...
                        X