What makes you happy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What makes you happy??

Yes Mike ...I have a brand new Factory Five MKIII Roadster which is the AC Cobra repla..

With a stock 302 and 3:55 gears it does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds..and a quarter in the high 12s..not too shabby..

the damn things weigh a mere 2100 lbs.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Next year VORTECH!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My Cobra makes me happy...No , it makes me VERY happy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Yes Mike ...I have a brand new Factory Five MKIII Roadster which is the AC Cobra repla..

With a stock 302 and 3:55 gears it does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds..and a quarter in the high 12s..not too shabby..

the damn things weigh a mere 2100 lbs.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Next year VORTECH!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My Cobra makes me happy...No , it makes me VERY happy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are cool.

My naturally aspirated, 2700 pound, gutted to the bone, '81 Fairmont wagon with a carbed '95 Cobra motor (ported GT40 irons, old school B-cam, Victor Jr., 650 DP) ran 11.90s at 115 with short times in the 1.6s. My gutted '85 LTD-LX ran low 12's at 110 with a DSS Pro-Bullet low compression 306 in it and a C-4. That one was going to get 15 psi of boost rammed down its throat via a pair of T3s....but I lost interest.

Don't get me started on cars....I can barely afford lowly guitars right now, let alone playing with cars.

Here is a shot of me breaking in a new set of ET Streets on the LTD, just after I dropped the motor in. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here it is after I painted it and gave it a '60s Super Stock look:

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I was gonna say nothing much makes me happy any more really. But, Smallblock Fords and Vortechs might wake something up here.

I spose grinding out some good metal through a good tube samp in a club would make a bit farther...

Bill will likely get the S-Trim. He likes the whine... So do I... I've been bringing my own air (150 HP of it), but the Blower is probably gonna get a chance soon on my massaged 302... It's healthy, but I desire more. My heads are O-ringed and have the 1/2" studs, so, I guess it will take 14 pounds. Guess I'll find out ehh? Although that "could" make me very unhappy, haha...

Comment

Mike , man I had two of those cars for the longest time...you got those fuckers doin' that....you crazy bastid!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man If you pulled next to me with that ...I'd swear you're joking...until you launch that missle...you fucker...talk about a sleeper!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

John has his shit all gonzoed...he's like a Michael Angelo of the 302...so my baby and me will love him very much..he's pumpin around 500 horsie..in his 'Stang .

man if I had that in the Cobra...it would break the land speed record....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I am a sleeper nut. I like them Plain Jane, but able to yank the hoops with a good launch. 302's are so damn easy, and so damn fun. That LTD was a real LX that was bone stock when I got it. It went through many interations and variations over time. The DSS that was in it was a low compression motor that I was going to work the JY Twin Turbo magig on. It had already gone 10.60s on 15 psi in a notchback, so that was the goal for the LTD. However, a divorce intervened and that car actually got parted out. The "Draggin' Wagon" Fairmont was actually a buddy's car from Dallas, he built it. It was a local street racing legend when he had it.

Here is another sleeper for you. My shitbox '85 Merkur that cranked out low 13's, high 12's with a 2.3T running 25 psi of air to water intercooled boost through it:

Here is my '86 SVO, my last hot-rod...made 300 RWHP with 20 psi of boost. Again, not bad for a 140 cube 4 banger!!

Mike

Comment

Damn , Mike dude...you crazy..

that's awesome....you probably need a few of my "get outta jail" free cards..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

shit I'm running low on cards myself...it is going to be a long summer..better get more! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Damn , Mike dude...you crazy..

that's awesome....you probably need a few of my "get outta jail" free cards..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

shit I'm running low on cards myself...it is going to be a long summer..better get more! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I could use a few. Most of the 6 tickets sitting on my record right now came from my '92 Taurus SHO. That was the daily driver, and had about 280 at the flywheel. Best Ford I ever owned. Quick, comfy, sounded great twisting 7500 rpm and could haul the kids and a full trunk of groceries!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The only thing I have owned more of than cars, is guitars. Man, you don't know how depressed I am right now being poor. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

well , it looks like your having fun ...even though "poor"...you're only poor as you think you are.....or somethin' like that.

smoke a joint ...look at your toys...and feel good about them... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    well , it looks like your having fun ...even though "poor"...you're only poor as you think you are.....or somethin' like that.

smoke a joint ...look at your toys...and feel good about them... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't really have many toys left! The cars are gone...except "Mr. Evil", my '99 Vickie interceptor with Marauder wheels...my little Predator and whatever I end up trading the Roadhouse 'Strat for. I am looking desperately for a new job...but I have been stuck in the poorhouse for about 6 months now after losing my two best clients (had my own practice) almost back to back.

Mike

Comment

well keep your chin up bro...you'll bounce back..

you're an able dude...you'll be fine..

I once used to make 5.15 an hour when I just got married...and look at me now....no , seriously look at me....come over here and look at me... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's not even 10 AM and I'm high.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I will bounce back....but I am an attorney with 9 years under my belt. It is a bit depressing........

Being high right now would be a welcome improvement over my current predicament. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

I keep myself "silly" at all times...why not...what else do I gotta do... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Later bro,

I'm going to take a nap... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Spending time with my girlfriend....damn long distance relationships!
                            The feeling you have when you get gas for something and realise you can afford it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            Giving into my caffeine addiction when I get bad cravings...it's better than sex...well actually it isn't but it's still very pleasurable

Comment

money rules. i had a lot of it, then i had none, now i am beginning to eat up the world again, only this time i'm holdin' on to it. i had 7 speeding tickets, 3 from the same officer. $6200.00 to get the license back that time.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Just as the sun starts to go down in Palm Springs while sitting at a pool, with a ABSOLUT vodka in my hand.
                                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                                X