Car wreck today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car wreck today.

And get him to make those statements to the police officer! Keep your story consistant and stay firm, don't doubt yourself or seem unsure, otherwise they might think you're lying or just really confused. He sounds like his full of shit though.

These two statements he made are not logically consistant.

"I know you weren't speeding, I saw you behind the other car, you were about 2-3 car lengths away."

"I was looking down, and then I looked up to see a green light, so I went"

How did he see you if he was looking down? He sounds confused and probably he ran the red light himself and is just trying to cover up.

Comment

"Is it pretty much up to my insurance company to fight it out with his?"

Exactly dude, That and what info the officer put on the OH-1 accident report....a report is made ...right?

I would get a lawyer maybe a family lawyer ..who only collects his 33.3% out of your settlement..he'll want you to go yo the hospital...so he could pad the claim...to put more money in your pocket and his...that is if it is the other parties fault.

If the other party claims liabilty , then you don't pay anything...they even pay your deductable..

If it is your fault..all you do is pay your deductable and that's it..

It is just an accident. As much as this sucks balls it could be much worse..

I got hit by two fucktards last year...my new Focus and my Vette...My fuggin' Vette dude...how you think I felt..

My dad has the vette now..I got somethin' else....if this gets hit...I'm killin' somebody ..and they can't run...because I'll catch them no matter what they're drivin' , ridin' or flyin'..

Good luck man

Go to the fuckin' hospital if your feeling like shit...you probably will be when you wake up...trust me.

get a lawyer to deal with the bullshit...and get your car fixed..and get a rent a car until it is ...your ins..covers that.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The statements he made to the police officer were only about him being stopped at the light, and proceding through when it was green. The other two, he made to me.

The officer made an accident information exchange form out (pretty much the info from our insurance, vins, reg #'s, names, addresses, that shit).

I called my insurance company last night, and they said they would get back to me Tuesday.

Comment

If the light was yellow when you entered the intersection, and he was sitting at a red light, there's a delay between your light turning red and his turning green. Even if he has the right of way technically, he sould yield if you're in the intersection already.
          That's just common sense safety-wise. Unless
          something's wrong with the programming of the lights at that intersection, which might be worthwhile for you to go out with a camcorder and tape to see. You'd have a claim against the city or county if that were a problem. Otherwise I think you should go to the ER and get your head examined! Your arm too, I just like that phrase, "get your head examined"! You are going to suffer from this, andjus because the cop didn't cite anyone doesn't mean you don't have a case. If a lawyer can get you $50-$100K over it, it'd be worth it.
          Trust me, I had an accident in 1992 and bumped my head, figured no big deal. My neck's been messed up ever since, and in fact is hurting like crazy today because a t-storm system came in. Get checked out; it seems you don't have a concussion because you're back up today, but
          you could still have damage that will bug you henceforth. You deserve to be compensated if you are injured and it's his fault.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Go get checked out immediatly! I know a girl who got completely wiped out, she flipped over 5 times and her car stopped flipping 80 meters from the initial crashsite. She got out, didn't have a single thing, just a slight bump to the head. The day after she just went into a coma, nearly died, she's alive now but she was totally paralyzed, and to this day is about 30% slower due to brain damage. All because of a cloth and bleeding internally!

One more thing, not matter what the results may be, of your medical exam, you will ALWAYS say to the insurance companies, judges, lawyers, etc... that you still have headaches every day, or still have a sore neck everytime you get up. Make the system pay.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Damn, Deneb, didn't you just have an accident last year also?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

IIRC it was when a lady hit my back bumper, and I just took the 200 cash from her and let it go, but it wasn't quite a full year ago.

Comment

That is disturbing that I remembered that... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X