Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They keep telling me I'm lucky to walk away..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They keep telling me I'm lucky to walk away..

15 minutes after I made a reply to a thread in the feedback forum here...
    totalled my 1970 Duster, as you can see.

Some dumb bitch with two bastards decides she doesn't need to yeild when making a left turn, in front of oposing traffic...at 50mph.

Now I'm in major pain, and car-less.

Been sleeping 22 hours out of the day...
    Sprained hand, contusions, and a newly discovered cyst in my chest.

But, like I said...I am thankfull I am not more hurt...everybodcy seems to say I should be by the looks of it.

Wednessday afternoon

Re: They keep telling me I\'m lucky to walk away..

Sorry to hear that man, I'm glad you're ok. Like they say it could be a lot worse....it's been about a year now since my friend lost her best friend in a car wreck.

Comment

Really sorry to hear. That blows but keep your chin up.

Comment

And sue the dumb bitch until they take her kids away, for the sake of the kids. I think she has already proven herself to be an unfit mother.

Glad you're still alive [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Damn that sucks, hope you get better! and yes, go after that stupid bitch, it's all her fault!

Comment

Does that year car have Lap belts or Shoulder belts?
            Did you have yours on?
            My 66 stang just got the lap belts but thinking of moding to
            shoulder belts after seeing that.
            Hope your ok.

Comment

Thanks guys, my g/f's mother is working on the attorney thing for me. I barely have the motivation to answer my cell phone...
              I haven't been awake longer than 4 hours since it happened.

Finnmann, my car has the solid lap and shoulder belts...like yours, it has no springback mechanism, so thankfully I had it on tightly. I only had the shoulder belt on, not the lap...

I would defintley reccomend modding your stang for shoulder belts, man. I can't imagine what would have happened without it.... steel dash..heh. My dash is even bent, and the casing around the tranny/drivetrain is crimped up like a beer can.

Comment

damn sorry to hear about your accident. hope you feel better soon. hang in there, maybe like everyone is saying you can get some compensation through the legal system. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yeeesh...

driver's scare me...they are the only things that sincerely scare me..I hate 'em.

either they're too old , too drunk , too stupid or on the fuckin' phone and always in a hurry to go nowhere.

this is why I flip them all the bird , sometimes two or three...all of 'em.

sometimes I just drive around waiving the bird...just because...why not. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

That sucks man...the Vette got banged last year...still waiting for some dough...takes forever sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

my new toy just weighs 2100 lbs...I get hit in this thing , I'm gonna feel it...

If I'm not dead , I'm killin' the fucktard that hit me.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"If I'm not dead , I'm killin' the fucktard that hit me"

you should put that on a bumpersticker "If I'm not dead, You are!"

Comment

Get well, bro. Your health is all that ultimately matters.

Comment

glad you're ok.. i lost my best friend in a car accident a few years back.

get well.

<3

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words.
                          I'm healing up better than I thought I would the first few daze.

Now the confusion of being in my first accident...
                          I have no wheels, I'm in pain, my father tells me don't talk to an attorney yet, my g/f and her mother are calling attorneys for me...

My E.R. excuse from work expires tommorow, yet I know 100% I cannot perform my job functions....

I don't know what to do.

But I am thankfull I am not worse, and from the looks of it more and more everyday it seems I lucked out with no severe injuries. My dash is folded, and the sub frame support over the transmission is crumpled like a beer can...
                          Sometthing tells me I am glad I tried to steer out of it... I took it head on, but not 100%

Hope you get the dough for your vette, Horns.
                          I wonder what my car will be valued at.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I wonder what my car will be valued at.

[/ QUOTE ] Did you carry collision insurance on it? Liability won't cover the damage to the car.

Sorry for your pain bro.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Scott,

No...I have no insurance medical, or collision...just got back on my feet.
                              Thus far the accident is marked as her fault (failed to yeild), and every lawyer, cop, and friend I've talked to said that is saving my ass. They are still 100% responsible. Now, had it been my fault, or a 50/50-avoidable, I would be s.o.l...

Comment

Working...
                              X