Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They keep telling me I'm lucky to walk away..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They keep telling me I\'m lucky to walk away..

I see. Well her insurance should cover the car then. Most likely, it will be a total. Book value is probably kind of low on a 1970 Duster, but you may be able to push them a bit if it was one of the more desireable models like the 340. Good luck with it all.

[EDIT] Also, her insurance should cover your medical costs and your pain and suffering. You should be able to replace that Duster after all is said and done. Be thankful you are not too seriously hurt.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Well, unfortunately without medical insurance or collision you will be waiting a long time for any type of settlement. The book value on a Plymouth Duster is extremely little unless it was a 70-71 340,72-74 360 or the ultra rare Feather Duster. If it was a stock slant six or 318 car you are probably looking at around $500.00 tops for book value. Most likely alot less. I hope you have car insurance at least. If not.. your settlement will take much longer. A good friend of mine is still waiting 7 years after her accident that wasn't her fault.
      A lawsuit is most likely in order. The tough part is being able to handle a very long and drawn out court process.

Comment

What highway were you on? If you dont even have liability in MO they might try to take your license even if its not your fault. But you should be ok if they didn't give you a ticket at the scene.

Goodluck bro, I hope everything works out for you!

Comment

Dude, get an attorney. The standard rate for this thing is the lawyer taking 1/3 of your settlement. This is a bargain and any good attorney will work hard for the money. Without an attorney you will be lucky to get anything more than your medical bills and a little cash for the Duster.

Once you get an attorney you should be able to find a doctor that will treat you with a promise to get paid from your settlement. Talk to your attorney (once you get one) and he should be able to help. Don't go after this thinking about a big settlement. The idea is to make you whole again. Your car is totaled and your body is banged up. You should come out of this with a healed body, a comparable car, and a little cash in your pocket for the trouble.

I was in a serious accident on Christmas Eve 2003. A drunk driver pulled out in front of me when I was going 65 down the highway. I T-Boned the guy square in the driver's door. I never even had a chance to hit the brakes. I had my wife and my 3 year old son in the car and my wife was 6 months pregnant. We all walked away.

My wife is fine, and both my sons are fine. My left wrist is still f'd up. You need to make sure you are OK. Get an attorney bro.

Comment

Working...
          X