Anyone ever file a claim with USPS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever file a claim with USPS ?

I shipped out an acoustic guitar over a month ago to a buyer in Scotland and she still hasn't received it. Is it just a matter of going to the post office with a copy of the Custom's form I filled out to see if they will investigate, or do they not even bother looking for lost packages? I put both addresses on the box itself with permanent marker, so it's not like a label fell off or anything.

Re: Anyone ever file a claim with USPS ?

Go to the post office with the documents from when you shipped it. They can trace the status of it. Please tell us you paid for insurance or at least delivery confirmation.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yes, I paid insurance, but delivery confirmation is not available for shipments outside the US (that's what the person working the counter said)

Comment

They should still be able to do a trace on it from the numbers on your insurance slip.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've never been able to get separate tracking info when I bought insurance - not like UPS's tracking stuff where you follow it on its journey, anyway.
          The insurance tracking only comes in when it's reported as lost - which is f'n stupid.

Anyhoo, take the paperwork to the PO and have them look for it.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They'll tell you to wait another three weeks or so for it to show up...and it will. Sit tight.
            Been there, done this.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I've never been able to get separate tracking info when I bought insurance - not like UPS's tracking stuff where you follow it on its journey, anyway.
              The insurance tracking only comes in when it's reported as lost - which is f'n stupid.

Anyhoo, take the paperwork to the PO and have them look for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Delivery confirmation is what they consider tracking. You can use the number to check the status on their website but it's not very detailed.

Comment

Yeah but they only show "Delivered", not "stuck in a truck in Left Asscheek, Alabama" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I hate filling claim with USPS.
                  It takes so much time.

Comment

Working...
                  X