picks attached to guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picks attached to guitar

sorry for the stupid guestion, but what should I get, a normal two-side tape or some special guitar tape/thing for this?

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: picks attached to guitar

2 sided tape I guess. I just keep extra picks in my pocket.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I tried that 2-sided tape trick once but wound up with sticky pick tips that stuck to the strings.

You could get one of those sticky pick holders (the strip style, not the dispenser type) and stick it to the edge of your guitar, but those don't work with Dunlop Jazz IIIs if that's what you're using.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I use Dunlop 2.0 Big Stubbys.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Duct tape, roll it long-ways and apply.

OR

Ice Pix - Stix
          http://www.ice-pix.com/ice-pix_pages...ucts.html#stix
          Occupy JCF

Comment

What about something like this?

Pick Holder

or this?

Pick Clip

Comment

Those two at MF won't work with Stubbies.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

When I'm onstage I just keep extra picks in my right back pocket. And a cigarette lighter in the front left pocket just in case I need to play slide/smoke a bowl/light some pyro. I empty the rest of my pockets before I go onstage.

Comment

I use the mic stand mounted pick strip. Works fine with stubbies.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                    I will use the tape and maybe mic stand pick holder.
                    I just but the tape on one of my guitars, it is definetly the most comfortable if you are on a situation like this

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Duct tape, roll it long-ways and apply.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      thats exactly what i do

Comment

i always have mine on my mic stand using the second link that emthrax provided...just easier that way...lol...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I always have an extra pick held at the headstock near the trussrod cover, with the pick being held in between the strings. However, I haven't dropped a pick in ages lately, so I've never had to grab that extra pick. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You could go the Paul Gilbert route and have a suit made of guitar picks.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              You could go the Paul Gilbert route and have a suit made of guitar picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] have any pics of said suit? I got to see that lol

Comment

Working...
                              X