This HAD to be a mans idea.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This HAD to be a mans idea.....

Who on earth would design a car that LOCKS with the keys in the ignition, while the car is RUNNING??? This had to be a man...only a man would come up with something as ass backward as that. Think about it, its midnight and you need cigarettes, you run out to the store, jump out, close the door, run in, and come back to YOUR KEYS LOCKED IN THE CAR WHILE ITS RUNNING...Ugh....it just disgusts me to no end. Men...making the world a bigger cluster fukk than it already is!!!

Mrs LPC

Re: This HAD to be a mans idea.....

<font color="yellow">Yeah, but ummm, in defense of the men here...ummmm, I know where my keys are [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, this is good.....the MAN had to go to the rescue.....

Nope, she won't here the end of this for a while....but, ummmmm, I ask you my fellow men, are we at fault here [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I THINK NOT [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mr "I think I'm sleeping on the couch with the dogs" LPC [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

It's the fault of whomever left the keys in the ignition. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Was that person female? I'm guessing, yes!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I've had to call roadside assistance for my wife a few times in our years together. She has never made the call on my behalf.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yes, I left the keys in the car, without knowing what would happen. In my defense though, its still a mans fault. The boss is too freaking lazy to drive and pay his own hospital bill, and sent me. I had to drive back to work and give him his receipt, thats when it happened. And, there was a male salesperson sitting outside when it happened, he could have told me not to shut my door, AND the parts manager was supposed to cut me a key that would open my door, but he did the wrong one. See, its still all a mans fault. If I had just worked until 5, I would have left work and came home, but noooooooooooooooooooooo, I have to run errands for a man, that caused me to lock my keys in the car....

And for the record, Mr LPC has called me at work to tell me hes locked his keys in his old truck, and I had to get a new key for him....hes not as innocent as he sounds!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

who jumps out of their car and runs into the store with the keys in the ignition? Madness! It doesn't take that long to start a car again [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            And for the record, Mr LPC has called me at work to tell me hes locked his keys in his old truck, and I had to get a new key for him....hes not as innocent as he sounds!!

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">True.....but that's once in 5 years that I've known Krista.

This is NOT her first time at forgetting the keys inside the house or the car [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              who jumps out of their car and runs into the store with the keys in the ignition? Madness! It doesn't take that long to start a car again [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...And it saves on precious gasoline.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                It's the fault of whomever left the keys in the ignition. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's meant to be a deterrent to prevent people from leaving the car running, while they run off and do something else. An unattended running car is potentially very dangerous!

...Well the dangerous part is true, but the rest is [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]. It's actually a safety feature to prevent doors from being opened (from the outside) from a running/moving car. And locked doors prevent passanger ejections better in accidents, too.

GM car, correct? My Mazda drives me nuts in a different way. You can't exit the car, unless you unlock the doors first. Electronically or manually. That's just plain dumbf**k. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ...Ford has the best standard out there. The doors only lock when when tell them to. And, even if they're locked, you can still open the doors (from the inside) just by pulling on the handle.

Comment

Mmmm, am I the only one doubting that the car locked itself? I think Mrs LPC had a brain fart, and locked the doors as she got out of the car, and just "forgot" that she had done so. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I have done the very same thing myself. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I've done the same thing a few times. After having cars jockey-boxed about 10 times, I compulsively lock the door any time I get out of it. I finally started carrying a spare in my wallet at all times.

It drives me nuts that I have to use the key to lock my new car. You can't lock the driver's door when it is open.

Comment

My Impala has this annoying bell that goes off if I open the door with the key in the ignition, and the door will not lock manually if the engine is running. It locks automatically when in gear, and unlocks when you put it in park.
                      I can get out with the engine running, walk around, and the door is unlocked.

It also has this neat little remote control on the key ring that I can use to lock and unlock the doors. Of course that means I have to take the keys with me, but how hard is that? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And why would you lock the door of a running car anyway - to keep someone from stealing it? If that's the case, would you also leave the keys in the car NOT running? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Sorry, but that's a Women's Issue - Men had nothing to do with that one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My car's doors lock a second or two after I start rolling but not while sitting still.

Krista, I've got a fresh bottle of peroxide headed your way so you'll look the part. Bwahahahahaha!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Some cars lock when the speedo hits a certain mph, like 15. My old Grand Am would lock whenever put into gear, and only unlock when turned off. It's annoying. But you get used to it and learn to work around it. Or, I guess you could not accept responsibility for your own actions and blame it all on someone else. That works, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, I didnt lock the door when I got out. Ive never been one to lock my doors religiously, I was in a hurry, left it running, ran in to give the boss his papers, and leave...10 seconds tops in and out. I have the key fobby thingy that I use when I lock/unlock my car and it was attached to my keys in the ignition. Its still a mans fault, regardless. Why? Because I say so. Oh, and Mark....I dont need the peroxide...from what Sam says, Im blonde from the roots in...and the roots tickle my brain...but I really didnt lock my doors, I swear I didnt.

Comment

you can always duct tape a key behind the license plate.......problem solved [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              i did have to learn this the hard way though [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X