This looks like a KILLER ride!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks like a KILLER ride!!

Check this out. It's a 3 minute ride as seen from the cockpit of an F-18 taking
    off and landing on an aircraft carrier.

http://raf.union.rpi.edu/downloads/f18_ride.wmv

Adrian
    All hail the 'King'
    R.I.P~ RLC

Re: This looks like a KILLER ride!!

pretty cool, too bad the camera was backwards tough

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was thinking...I would have loved to see the front view. That looks awesome though! I can't even imagine what the g-force feels like!
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was thinking...I would have loved to see the front view. That looks awesome though! I can't even imagine what the g-force feels like!

[/ QUOTE ]

It feels like someone placed a car on your shoulders. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The suit is squeezing the hell out of your legs and torso trying to get the blood back up to your head and the only way to cope with all this going on is to keep making that "Ooomph.... oomph" sound like that chick who snorted Ajax in "Up In Smoke". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Where is Back for more? He used to be a backseater, he can tell you how it feels to be thrown into the air.
          With this pilots four point barrel role I think he is trying out for the Blue Angels. The F-18 Hornet is an amzing airplane, but to me the ultimate Navy fighter is always going to be the F-14D Super Tomcat. Anytime baby. Naval Aviation rules. Of course I am partial I was an inlisted aircrewman in the Navy.

After a successful mission tracking subs. My pilots would accelerate, we would climb out fast. When we would first start our clib we would hit 4 to 4.5gs alot for the old p-3 but nothing compared to a jet jock. Like Halsey said there is just this giant amount of pressure pressing on you. It is very hard to move. We would climb from 200 ft above the ocean and top out at 6000ft. The pilot would nose her over putting us in a dive and we would go 0g. In the back we would be doing flips and turns. You never could tell when gravity was going to catch up. When it would we would all come crashing down.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I can't even imagine what the g-force feels like!

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of today's best rollercoasters pull about 4G, but only momentarily.

Positive Gs are easier for me to tolerate... those damn negative Gs give me a total feeling of helplessness. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X