busy weekend...and skynard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busy weekend...and skynard!

well, got a double this weekend, gig tonight and we're playing a wedding tommorow. cool thing is the groom requested "simple man" by lynard skynard. since this gig is a top 40 acoustic rock band most of the song are real happy and upbeat. so it's REAL cool for me whenever we get to play a song with a little bit of 'tude. being the metal head i am, i can't get into most of the songs we play til' i get a few drinks up in me! i play bass in this band and my bro that plays acoustic guitar isn't much of a lead player, so yes, for possibly the first time in history the solo's in simple man will be performed on the bass! i can't wait this is gonna be fun! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: busy weekend...and skynard!

Lynyrd Skynyrd
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Paul where in Mass you from?
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The band I am in now does Simple Man with a chick singer. Cool song and bass line as long as you do it like the original and not like the remake from a year or two ago.
        "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

lynard skynard... Lynyrd Skynyrd... Leonard Skinhard... what difference does it make? Let's just burst his bubble with petty shit like this.

Enjoy yourself paulbag! I'd love to be able to go out there and entertain folks like you and so many others JCFers do. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

yeah sorry about the spelling error [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i don't even own any of their cd's, just like a handful of tunes and thats on of em'.
            kev, i'm from n billerica, which is near lowell, burlington etc.
            i learned it by the original recording, i would never learn a cover of a cover! the original bass line is great. tons of feel there, i'm gonna really enjoy that one.
            and thanks mhalsey, i'm sure i'll have a great time. this is how i make my new guitar money! i can't lose. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Hear the universe scream
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

Yeah your only a few towns over from me.. I'm in Hudson NH... I work in Methuen ..
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

damn, we definitely gotta hook some time bro! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Hear the universe scream
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

Working...
                X