Black Label Society Gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Label Society Gig

'kin 'ell - just back from a BLS gig, ears still ringing. Zakk rocked. It was at the Astoria in London, UK. Great venue, there's a bar overlooking the stage - you may be a long(ish) way back, but you won't go thirsty (the Forum is a good one too!). Much as I think the bullseye Les Paul is cool (f**k, I bought one - I love 'em), Zakk's Dean (Razorback? - also a bullesye, this time) cut through really clearly. Given what happened to his friend (RIP, Dime), Zakk didn't let it affect him so much that he wouldn't jump into the crowd & play - awesome - everyone loved it. He threw his buzzsaw LP into the crowd at one point too - good catch, whoever caught it, but why didn't you run for the door with it? When Z asked, he got it back. A few monitors got kicked into the crowd at the end & a good few brews were downed - the biggest lineup wasn't the wall of Marshalls, it was the beer. Rock 'n' roll! Fantastic gig - cheers Z! Wish you were at the Download festival next week too.............But maybe I won't drink so much next time................... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Apologies for any poor grammar - as far as beer went, it was one for me, one for Zakk, one for Dime, one for me (repeat ad nauseum).
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Re: Black Label Society Gig

F---en-A
    Sounds like a blast.
    Can't imagine throwing my axe into a crowd though. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

If I threw my axe into the "crowd" last Saturday night I would have hit someone shooting pool in the back of the head. Stupid bar gigs at 1am. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That gig was damn amazing! Meldrum were really cool, and sooooooo hot [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

best gig i have ever been too. Got picks, free beer from James (bass player), high fives and fun times [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

shame i didn't get to get near zakk and shout HELL YEAH [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Sounds like you were close enough to catch the Les P! Next time, move faster, get the LP & I'll clear the way to the exit..... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

unfortunatly mate, i weren't lol. I was on the side with the Bass cabs at the barrier.

I saw some kid in the cue with a Jackson T-shirt too, very cool.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

We flew over from Belfast to see them in Glasgow and they happened to be staying in our hotel... met Zakk and James as they were having breakfast, then again after lunch, and then hung out with them after the show. Had a long conversation with James about just about everything whilst the other guitarist in my band quizzed Zakk about stuff. Really nice guys, lots of hugs and handshakes all round! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, met Michelle Meldrum... you still would... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
                Steve.

Comment

I caught the Glasgow gig and holy christ!

Meldrum were actually fucking good, i was shocked! I expected generic shite and i got a good band!

The meldrum cover of WALK got the venue more pumped than ANYTHING Zakk did, it was beautiful!
                  In this river is the most beautiful song i've heard live... Not gonna lie.. It brought a tear to my eye..

Comment

yeah man, when in this river came on, me and my mates all shooks hands and just gave a nod, i think every one was caught up in that song.
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                    X