Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Godless Endeavor ....not for the faint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This Godless Endeavor ....not for the faint.

I don't know what happened. Eh, Hotmail. I need to get a better setup all-round. Computer, connection, everything.

Anyway, listening to Psalm of Lydia right now. The riffage is much tighter than EoR and the lead seemed to do a little more, but still nothing classic. The bottom felt like it dropped out of the lead tone, maybe it's my computer speakers. That singer is still a listless Geoff Tate wannabee, they really need somebody with some discernible personality to make it a whole package. The drumming is just ridiculously overwrought.

I like Soilwork, but I'm starting to think they're just a fluke in the Century Media lineup. Thanks for trying, though.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      LOL Tattooed Millionaire and Skunkworks are the worst Dickinson albums...

[/ QUOTE ]
      Based on what criteria? Certainly not the songwriting. There's nothing on Chemical Wedding that even comes close to "Son of a Gun," "Born in '59," "Space Race" or "Strange Death in Paradise." Among other enduring numbers.

Comment

Is Geoff Tate the singer for Queensryche?

If Warrel left the band, it wouldn't be Nevermore. So I guess you're out of luck there.

Psalm of Lydia isn't the best song if you're looking for memorable melodies and leads....its probably the most frantic song on the album.

Comment

"the lead seemed to do a little more, but still nothing classic."

Dude, you are hard to please. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The solos are increadible! Even the lead at the beginning is jaw dropping...Listen to those perfect sweep/slides...Classic Loomis!

I always thought Vans drumming was quite subtle in compairison to others drummers in extreme metal. I really love his kick sound this time.

Can't wait to hear the rest of it...Thanks Drip.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

also...anyone want a taste of Darkane? Layer of Lies anyone?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Dude, you are hard to please. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, you're probably right. My favorite lead player is Martin Barre. After leads like Aqualung, Black Satin Dancer, Black Sunday and Jump Start, pretty much everything else pales in comparison.

There's a sort Q&A with Jeff Loomis in the new GW. He's asked what inspired him to play guitar. Instead of what most of the best guitarists in the world were inspired by — vaginas and the people who own them — Loomis was first inspired by hearing "Far Beyond the Sun" by Yngwie. Which is kinda weird, because I had just been thinking how Nevermore really needs Jeff Scott Soto. Then he says his band in high school played "The Raven" by Tony MacAlpine at their first show. Whereas most teens (like myself) would've chosen something by AC/DC.

I think I'm starting to understand why their sound is so sterile.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                also...anyone want a taste of Darkane? Layer of Lies anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, how in god's name are you getting these songs? Hell, again, if you can I'd love to hear some. I heard one track (the one they made the vid for) and pre-ordered it immediatly. Thanks again!

- Irf -

Comment

since you already heard the one song I sent you my personal favorite. I think if anyone else asks..I'll just send that one. It kicks copious amounts of ass. I'm surprised the Darkane boys don't have sore toes from kickign so much ass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    Dude, you are hard to please. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah, you're probably right. My favorite lead player is Martin Barre. After leads like Aqualung, Black Satin Dancer, Black Sunday and Jump Start, pretty much everything else pales in comparison.

There's a sort Q&A with Jeff Loomis in the new GW. He's asked what inspired him to play guitar. Instead of what most of the best guitarists in the world were inspired by — vaginas and the people who own them — Loomis was first inspired by hearing "Far Beyond the Sun" by Yngwie. Which is kinda weird, because I had just been thinking how Nevermore really needs Jeff Scott Soto. Then he says his band in high school played "The Raven" by Tony MacAlpine at their first show. Whereas most teens (like myself) would've chosen something by AC/DC.

I think I'm starting to understand why their sound is so sterile.

[/ QUOTE ]

So out of all the newer bands which do you happen to like the most anyway? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

You're about as picky with the metal as I am with chicks. Lucky for me..there's alot more women that are my type in teh world than there are heavy metal bands.

Did I just contradict myself? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      LOL Tattooed Millionaire and Skunkworks are the worst Dickinson albums...

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Based on what criteria? Certainly not the songwriting. There's nothing on Chemical Wedding that even comes close to "Son of a Gun," "Born in '59," "Space Race" or "Strange Death in Paradise." Among other enduring numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I just think those albums are a little lame muscially and lyrically compared to everything else he's done. By all means, they are good albums, but for some reason they don't appeal to me as much as BTP, AOB and CW.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks a bunch dude. I'm just hopin for a US tour. I loved one of their videos, can't remember which, but they had this old dude in a turban and sunglasses jumpin up and down to the music, lol. God knows ya don't see that everyday. Since the new album isn't coming out for another month, I order Rusted Angel and Expanding Senses to hold me over. Thanks again! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That video is for "Chaos vs. Order"

I have that too. haha. Great song.

You should download the studio videos they put on their website. www.darkane.com

Wildoer is a madman, he's amazing. And so is his ridiculously huge set. goddamn. he has 2 snares! WTF

Comment

Drip ...you silly bastage..

spread the love man...spread the love..

NEVERMORE and Jeff fucking ROCKS...best metal guitarist alive today ...In MY opinion!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I snagged TGE a couple days ago. I'm surprised they're on Mustaine's tour with an album title like that, but I digress.

The album hasn't grown on me yet. I think that the choruses are amongst the best that Nevermore has written but there is a certain something that urks me about the entire album and I am not quite able to put my finger on it quite yet. I think it might have something to do with not liking a lot of the "verse" sections of their songs. A lot of people have been telling me that this is Politics Of Ecstasy meets Dreaming Neon Black but honestly, I don't hear much of either of those albums. I hear more Enemies Of Reality and the first album than any others. I'm definitely going to pick it up when its officially released though.

Born, Faixa, and Pslam Of Lydia all are solid tracks though with excellent choruses all around.

Comment

I'm sure I'll love it...I love all Nevermore tunes..

I think Nevermore is an aquired taste...all the people I know either don't like them or they are completely obsessed by them..

I must be obsessed because I don't think Nevermore is capable of writing a bad somg...but that is MY opinion..

There is only ONE Nevermore....the people that don't like Nevermore seem to not like Warrel...but I think the guy is amzing...as a singer and a writer...there is nobody else like Warrel...love or hate him..
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X