Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Godless Endeavor ....not for the faint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This Godless Endeavor ....not for the faint.

Yah, that's my issue with em, just Warrel's vocals. I'm all for the clean style, but I just never really got into his. But for some reason (vocal melodies?), I like his vox on this album. Can't wait to hear the rest

Comment

yeah people for some reason are turned off by his style of singing. He sounds almost like he's a little insane. Which I think fits the music and lyrical content to a T.

D'ffrent strokes for different folks is all.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm sure I'll love it...I love all Nevermore tunes..

I think Nevermore is an aquired taste...all the people I know either don't like them or they are completely obsessed by them..

I must be obsessed because I don't think Nevermore is capable of writing a bad somg...but that is MY opinion..

There is only ONE Nevermore....the people that don't like Nevermore seem to not like Warrel...but I think the guy is amzing...as a singer and a writer...there is nobody else like Warrel...love or hate him..

[/ QUOTE ]
        +100! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Mustaine also is very good friends with them, discovered them in the '80s when they were Sanctuary (Warrel and bass player Jim Sheppard), produced their first album "Refuge Denied", even played the guitar solo on the cover of Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit". They also did a second album "Into The Mirror Black". When grunge hit big in Seattle in the early '90s, I believe at least one of their guitar players and drummer wanted to go grunge. Warrel and Jim refused, then got Jeff for about the last 6 months of Sanctuary's existence. One of the old guitar players had the rights to the Sanctuary name, so Warrel, Jim and Jeff forged ahead to create awesome metal with Nevermore! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I wish Warrel would hit those high falsetto notes like he used to in Sanctuary, but he doesn't seem that interested in singing like that any more.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just heard the whole thing. Pretty f'n good.
          these guys are growing on me [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Album of the year for me already. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Warrel's singing is definitely an acquired taste, just like one has to get used to growling and learn to appreciate it. Once it's grown on you, it's just like Drip said.. fitting to a tee with the music and lyrics.
            I'm pretty glad he doesn't do the falsetto stuff anymore, it's the one thing that I could never get used to because it sounds god-fucking-awful to my ears. Whatever floats your boat, though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Joe...Dave was going to get Jeff into Megadeth when he was only 16 ...but he got Marty instead...and that was back in '90.

The trouble was Jeff looked like 12 years old back then and Dave didn't want a "kid" smoking his ass on the stage every night..I think it would have been great!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, I remember hearing about that. Would have been cool if Jeff was in Megadeth, but I think Nevermore's better. Plus, Dave probably would have sold all of Jeff's stuff for drugs and might have gotten him on drugs as well! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'm sure I'll love it...I love all Nevermore tunes..

I think Nevermore is an aquired taste...all the people I know either don't like them or they are completely obsessed by them..

I must be obsessed because I don't think Nevermore is capable of writing a bad somg...but that is MY opinion..

There is only ONE Nevermore....the people that don't like Nevermore seem to not like Warrel...but I think the guy is amzing...as a singer and a writer...there is nobody else like Warrel...love or hate him..

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                  i've yet to hear a bad nevermore song....hell, i've yet to hear a mediocre nm song [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but well....even they will fail sooner or later
                  best example for a band which used to write KILLER stuff is dream theater. i love absolutely everything they've ever done. falling into infinity was their weakes effort so far, but even that one got its strong moments.

HOWEVER....the new one......octavarium........SUCKS BALLS....real donkey balls. it's soooooo lame - in my humble opinion. i mean, i didn't expect them to do a second train of thought, and actually i rather appreciated the rumors that they went back to awake/acos like complexity and backed off the heaviness. however, it seems like they just wimped out and became lazy fucks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] seriously, the riffing is soo lame, the leads are decent but not outstanding, and i cannot even pick one single remarkable song.

all in all, TGE is going to kick DTs ass BIG TIME [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

really the new DT sucks balls...cool I'm pretty bored with those guys anyways..

I had the DT in my hands yesterday ..but I bought the new SYL instead...that is more my speed I guess..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hmm, I didn't know DT had a new album out. I guess I heard a new song in the car yesterday on my local metal station. I thought it was pretty good, just thought it was James LaBrie solo stuff and didn't pay all that much attention to it. I guess the keyboard and guitar solo sounding like DT should have tipped me off, but I didn't know they had a new one out! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LaBrie's Mullmuzzler is OK...it's pretty weak really...I have both of his cds...I don't put them on much...wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better stuff to listen to..

Comment

I can't recall if I've heard any of his stuff. Guess I won't bother picking them up now.

Comment

well the first Mullmuzzler is the better of the two...it is not heavy at all...but there is some "decent" playing on it...but not the calibre of DT by any stretch..

Comment

Damn,I can't wait to have the new nevermore cd!On the Sneap board ppl are totally crazy about it!I love PoE for its insane feeling,and if this new album has this sense of madness with the last songwriting skills of the guys and the production of the mighty Andy I'm sure it will kick ass badly! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                They also did a second album "Into The Mirror Black".

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Into the mirror black is another must have!It's f*ckn great!Warrel has been always a charismatic (sp?) singer and frontman,for his insane verses and his great melodies.And when Jeff joined ex Sanctuary members to complete Nevermore it has been musical extacy!

Comment

Working...
                                X