Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden "Early Days"

Disk 1...great stuff.
    I still love their music off their first two albums the most.
    Great live performances on this disk.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Re: Iron Maiden \"Early Days\"

great stuff, in deed. I already had the first video (the Rainbow performance), but only had bits and pieces of the other shows on 12 Wasted Years. So it was very cool to get full performances from the other tours in one set.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

It's a shame that the director for the Beast on the Road tour footage didn't seem to realise that Adrian Smith existed.....

I'm looking forward to the 'Live After Death' through to 'Seventh Tour' era, but I guess with the 'Death on the Road' live DVD and CD coming out in August, I'll have to wait til the start of next year before the follow on from 'The Early Days' comes out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

it's amazing! i LOVE it.. being a madenainac myself, i cant wait for the next part. i was unable to see the boys on the death on the road tour =(

but i saw them on the 31st in graz.. best fucking show EVER!
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Okay, so what else is on the "12 Wasted Years" set? I finished downloading it a few weeks ago but the thing was huge, about 3.5GB!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] And that was the ZIPPED version! Unzipping it took forever and I was thinking it wasn't worth it, so I deleted it.

The Hammersmith Beast version of "Acacia" is the greatest rendition of that song ever, even though Adrian is virtually nonexistent in the whole video of that performance. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

From what I noticed about these performances I've watched on Disk 1. There aren't many good shots of Adrian, when there is, its a very quick brief shot. Between the two, Murray is the one the camera gives most attention to. I like Murray and think he's a brilliant metal player. However, gives some good upclose shots of Adrian's playing. The guy (Adrian) is a very soulful player.

I downloaded Disk 1 off of Azuerus.
            Yep, it was a huge download but worth the wait for these good live performances. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

great DVD

Soap..i'm with you.. give me the 1st 2 albums with Dianno and i'm a happy man, not that i don't like the Bruce stuff, just prefered the "rawness" of the dianno era..

Adrian who?? you mean there's a second gutarist on the DVD??
              that was my only gripe about the DVD.Were they afraid Adrian would crack the lense or something..shame really.. one of the best parts of Maiden is the the mix of Adrians more technical style with Murrays loose legato style.compliment each other perfectly but that doesn't come across on the DVD..adrian's wailing away and their showing murray playing barre chords..really annoying

i had a bootleg of one of the "Killers" tour shows that was absolutley outstanding..had to return it to it's original owner..bastard tracked me down!! ahahahaha

really need to find another copy somewhere, i think it was recorded for German TV, full show at about 2 hours, pretty much every song off the first 2 albums

Comment

that wasn't a fault of the DVD - that's how it's always been. If you can get your hands on some of the old videos, you'll see that they've just cleaned them up and transferred them faithfully to the new format.

I sometimes wonder if maybe Adrian was a little camera shy & asked not to be featured too much. But it's always frustrated me with ANY early Maiden footage that just when Adrian is tearing off a kick-arse solo, the director chooses to follow Steve around or focus on Dave's rhythm playing.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Okay, so what else is on the "12 Wasted Years" set? I finished downloading it a few weeks ago but the thing was huge, about 3.5GB!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] And that was the ZIPPED version! Unzipping it took forever and I was thinking it wasn't worth it, so I deleted it.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Man, I had to dig that one out of the vault! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just looking at the video cover now....

Basically, it's a documentary celebrating 12 years of Maiden, released in '87. I picked it up brand new when it came out. IIRC it cost me about $25 back then!! Yike!

Running time is right on 90 minutes and it features the following songs in their entirety, performed live from various periods in the band's history...

Stranger in a Strange Land
                  Charlotte the Harlot
                  Running Free
                  Women in Uniform
                  Murders in the Rue Morgue
                  Children of the Damned
                  The Number of the Beast
                  Total Eclipse
                  Iron Maiden
                  Sanctuary
                  The Prisoner
                  22 Acacia Ave
                  Wasted Years
                  The Trooper

...and excerpts of....

Drifter
                  Prowler
                  Phantom of the Opera
                  She's a Roller
                  Caught Somewhere in Time
                  Run to the Hills

There are excerpts of early interviews, tv shows & early concert footage (Ruskin Arms, Marquee, Beast On The Road, Top of the Pops, etc), quite a bit of which were later featured in the Early Days set, stuff like the 20th Century Box article. That was a really cool thing about the new DVD - I finally get to see those old interviews, etc in their entirety.

Plus there's footage from their state-of-the-art Somewhere tour, and a look at how their stage show has evolved.

Oh, and a German Top-of-the-Pops-type show, where the guys had to mime, so they decided to mess with the director and swap instruments during the broadcast of Wasted Years. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'm sure I'm missing stuff - it's been a long, looong time since I've watched it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I sometimes wonder if maybe Adrian was a little camera shy & asked not to be featured too much. But it's always frustrated me with ANY early Maiden footage that just when Adrian is tearing off a kick-arse solo, the director chooses to follow Steve around or focus on Dave's rhythm playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

you could be right about that... the one thing i loved about the bootleg i had was that actually showed Adrian quite often when he was soloing.. much more evenly spread between Dave and Adrian footage

Comment

Working...
                    X