Blindsided with bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blindsided with bad news

I called my parents a little while ago and my Dad told me my mom had a stroke this afternoon and is in the hospital. She'll be fine but I'm a bit freaked out. The weird part is is that he told me he sent me an email about it, I checked my mail and there was a message like he said. I guess he didn't want to disturb me at work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Blindsided with bad news

Hope she feels better. Hopefully it wasn't too bad.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow. Sorry to hear. Hopefully all goes well for her. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Woah, Jack, I'm sorry to hear the news about your Mom. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        I can understand being freaked out, definitely. I would be!
        Glad she is going to be okay, that is a relief.
        Sending some good mojo out to ya...

Em

Comment

i'm sorry jack, i'll throw whatever magic i have left up in the air for you and your family.
          tommy
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sorry Jack. Glad to hear she'll be fine. James, my husband had a stroke 8 years ago now. It's scary for sure. You and your family are in my thoughts. If you need to talk let me know.

Comment

My Dad had a stroke a couple of years ago, and my Mom had cancer surgery twice in the last 3 years, so I definitely know what you're going through.
              God Bless you guys.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Much positive energy headed their way Jack...

Sorry to hear of this and I so much hope things go well through this and things look up for her soon.

Comment

Very sorry to hear bout your mom dude. Scared the hell outta me when the doctors told me my mom had a heart attack, then they said they were wrong [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Good to hear she'll be alright though. Hope all stays well

Comment

hey, if your mom is gonna come out of this unaffected, you have to look at this as a good thing that the problem can now be addressed. here's to a speedy recovery.

Comment

My Aunt had a very bad stroke a few months ago, so I can certainly understand the shock you're going through. Except for the limited use of her right arm, she's doing much better now. I'm glad to hear your Mother is going to be ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

sorry to hear about your mom, but it's good that she will be ok.

be praying for you and your family

Comment

My honest best wishes to you, your family and especially your mother. She'll be fine soon, I'm sure!
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thanks everybody, your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Jack..that is horrible news bro..

I wish you and your mom the very best..

getting old is scary...watchinmg both my parents age and fall apart is NO fun...but it is a fact of life that I must cope with...this sucks! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Take care man...keep us posted..

Bill
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X