Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know Anything About Electronic Drum Kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know Anything About Electronic Drum Kits?

Thinking about setting up a home studio (and need to keep it quiet), any websites, review sites, info sites that anyone knows about?

Re: Anyone Know Anything About Electronic Drum Kit

I don't know a lot about em, but my friend just picked up a Yamaha one I think it was for roughly $1440 at Guitar Center. It's a damn cool set too, it has midi ins and outs I believe, either works with headphones or you can hook it up to a PA, the presets kick ass, I went from a Lars sound (yah, I know, had to mess around and try though) to a Dave Lombardo sound like nothing. It's a great unit. I'll try n see if I can get the model # for ya and any sites, my friend knows em all.

Comment

That's funny, cause without knowing anything I was focusing in on the Yamaha DTXpress 3 myself, which is around 1600. Maybe it's the same one.

Comment

I have a friend who has a Roland V-Drum setup. He loves it, but wow, that's some $$$$. Supposedly, the V-Drums have a lot more realistic-feeling pads than the other electronic kits.

Comment

Run from $500 used to $3K for a top of the line Roland.

I got one for my kid recently - a new Hart Dynamics Prodigy - very basic model for $500 plus then I needed the electronic brain which I got for $115.

Its a very basic set - you can find them on ebay.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

i have tried the Yamaha express kits and wasnt impressed with the sounds and pads,sounded and looked cheap
            I used to have a Roland TD8 kit that was very PRO made and sounded realy REAL.Its only faults where the lack of air on the brass making it sound artificial,not a major tone worry but enough to make you want to EQ the hell out of it to get it sounding natural.A friend has a more modern roland kit that looks the same but has a slightly better brain for it-
            A TD8 virtual drum kit is pro sounding enough to use in the recording studio-and are not priced too badly-the td10's/20's go up in price-lots of money but easy to record with and you can play with hardly any volume

Comment

It's all about the V Drums, I've seen them used in the $1500-$2000 range, but new there're gonna run ya about 3K
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
              X