Story of a stupid seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story of a stupid seller

I sometimes visit this norwegian general guitar/music forum and there was another member who had a guitar for sale that I had been kind of into. He was pretty desperate to sell and after a while the price went down, then another while even further down, so I jumped on it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

He didn´t have any pics, but told me that it was in good shape exept for light pick scratches. But this guy seemed trustworthy to me as he has this website www.lick.no , take a look and you see what I mean. He sells instruments, but this one were his private guitar he had to sell because of a car crash and something more...

So I believed this guy actually know how to do a smooth deal. I have no experience with his site, but it seems like one of those one-man business things.

We agreed on the price via PM a saturday afternoon. I told him I wanted to transfer money to his bank account and he said he would ship as fast as the money were on his account.

So I transfered the money straight away that saturday evening, there´s no possibility to ship something before monday, so I told him moday is fine.

Monday late evening I got a PM that he had been very busy and therefor couldn´t ship the guitar before tuesday. He noticed me, so I had no problem with this at all.
    Didn´t hear anything tuesday so I supposed it was in the mail, no need to PM all the time, even though I think he should have told me it was shipped.

Wedneysday late late evening I get a PM on this forum where he tells me that this guitar comes with a gigbag only ( like I didn´t know) and he couldn´t find any approbiate way of packing it! He tell me to ship a hardcase to him so he can return the guitar in it.
    JEEEEEZ
    [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    I´m pretty down to earth and not really easy to fire up, but this is just to stupid, so I tell him ; sorry, deal is off, I don´t like this. You know,this guy is desperate to sell... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Thirsday he sent me three PMs, almost crying that he only wants the guitar to arrive me safely which I understand, but when you have had the guitar for sale nearly three weeks, you should have thought about how to pack it for shipping.
    Well, according to him, he spent a fortune on packing materials and guitar is shipped.
    OK, guitar arrived monday like this:

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    I tear of the bubble wrap and unzip the gigbag only to find another gigbag inside the first one. I unzip the second one only to find another gigbag inside that too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    All three thin and dirt cheap.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    This guy deals with guitars, look how he strung the guitar:

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    The guitar was more or less coverred in filth and even though he claimed it didn´t have any cracks or dings, I couldn´t tell before cleaning it up...
    This guy really can´t have any pride whatsoever.
    Picks of it after some of the shit has been torn off, believe it or not.

Needs seriously new strings and to be cleaned up.

Pretty cool guitar though, thin nice neck and awesome tone.
    I´PMd him what I thought about this whole deal in a respectful but still hard tone, and of course I didn´t hear anything more from him..
    Will I deal with this retard again?

[img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Re: Story of a stupid seller

I ran into something similar when I bought my RR3 last month. Guy didn't tell me a bunch of stuff that he should have. Anyhow..looks like it will be just fine, and a great player in your stable. Congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

OMFG!
      That packing job is amazing... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      and using 2 more gig bags to protect the guitar but the guitar hasn't been cleaned and with all the dust and fingerprints...
      I am not sure if this guy really knows what he is doing..

Hope you are enjoying the guitar!
      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the story. I like the guitar too. It all worked out!

Comment

I was expecting tragedy actually... So cool ya got it in one piece!

Hope it's a good one and play as good as it looks now that you got it cleaned up and pretty.

Glad it worked out in the end at least!

Comment

Imo the extra gig bags made no difference! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, it would keep the splinters and shards of wood from getting scratched I suppose!

Comment

Yeah,maybe.But a cardbox with bubble wrap and expanded polystyrene panels would have been a better solution!This guy seem to be pretty unfamiliar with packages! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

At least in my story, the guy put the guitar in it's HSC before he put in the box w/o any packing materials LOL.

Comment

Well, I could understand if he was a 14 year old dude, but he seems to deal with musical instrument so I was suprised how it was done.
                      And how it looked, the uncut strings and dirt, I just don´t get it, what is he thinking?

Superhappy with the guitar though, I´d say 8.5/10.

Comment

he was thinking it should get there w/o breaking and he didn't care about gunk or uncut strings 'cause he's selling it-out of sight, out of mind.. I'm sure it happens alot.
                        At least he cared enough to mega wrap it.

Your happy? then pleased with the guitar. I usually expect to clean up someone elses neglect when I get an instrument.
                        If it arrived in decent shape w/o alot of rust and no breaks..I'd consider that a pretty good deal overall.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          he was thinking it should get there w/o breaking and he didn't care about gunk or uncut strings 'cause he's selling it-out of sight, out of mind.. I'm sure it happens alot.
                          At least he cared enough to mega wrap it.

Your happy? then pleased with the guitar. I usually expect to clean up someone elses neglect when I get an instrument.
                          If it arrived in decent shape w/o alot of rust and no breaks..I'd consider that a pretty good deal overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I´m just spoiled after dealing with a couple of JCFérs.
                          And honestly, the wrapping wasn´t as good as it may look, but he did his best and it arrived safely.
                          Still a prick though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

ahh yeah, the JCF I would consider a few notches above the best I get out of ebay as far as service and dealing with them 1-1. I see what you are saying but alot of people on eBay have about a 2 second attention span it seems. Pay me and I don't give F_ anymore once its out of my hands.

That is in part one of the good/bad about the classifieds here is that it is more personal,player classifieds for players but has that possible element of negative which Harmony Central developed just not on the same scale...some of that probably came from there more than anything. Ebay has the negs, but can back up a bad deal with some type of redtape navigation.

Comment

Oofah, what an ugly axe! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X