Scary thing happened to us last night, help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary thing happened to us last night, help needed

Last night just before nine, while I had our 16 month old on one arm and seving milk for her on the other, the telephone rings. I think well... let me pick it up it could be someone in the family.
    It was a phone solicitor of some kind and I hung up on him, I did not have time for that non-sense.

30 seconds pass and a call again, goes unanswered and did not leave a message on the ansewring machine. Another 30 seconds pass and another call, it is the same individual, he proceeded to go off on me. Called a an f***ing p***y and he knew where I live and was coming after me, I told him to leave me alone and not call back again.
    45 seconds later it him again, leaves another threathening message on the answering machine. I call my wife to listen to this nut bag, we srug it off and delete the message (mistake).
    Another 45 seconds ater, he calls back AGAIN! and leaves another message calling my name, obscenities and saying again that he knows where I live, this message I kept.

I called the police dept and file a case, but the office told me he couldn't do much without the telephone company involved.
    This morning I called the telephone company dept of unlawful telephone calls and reported the whole thing.
    Through the whole thing I though this guy is calling from BFE and shouldn't be a problem. Well.... the telephone company will not release any info on the calling offender only to the police.
    The police tells me I cannot see any particulars about the case unless I have a court order, WTF!!

The telephone company did tell me however that the call originated from a wireless number within my State, great!! Now I don't know if this scum bag is near us and theraten my 16 month old, pregnant wife or myself.

We are the victims, yet the telephone company and Police dept are mum.

What can I do? I am tired of this telemarketing crap. I know this people have to make a living but damn you are doing stuff around the house and you have to get off what you are doing for a new mortgage rate or carpet cleaning I do not need.

My wife is terrified. I plan to put a 380 caliber lead lug on this guy's forehed if he dares to step on my house.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Re: Scary thing happened to us last night, help ne

Damn dude, that really sucks, scary as hell too. As long as the police have the info from the phone company I would feel a little safer. I'd just call the precient, make sure they DO have it and see what they're doing about it. Hope that works out man

Comment

Did you try *69? It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. If you can get a number, PM me and I'll see if I can trace it.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

PowerTube,
        That was the first thing I did and they had the number marked private.
        However I learned, later, that *57 will trace the call and store it for the telephone company to retrieve once they have received a complain by me.

I did that and that is how they know the call came from Florida, that is all they will tell me though. Well....?
        Is he in my county? adjacent county? is he within reasonable driving distance?

No help from the Telco, they will only send it to the Police department. What if this creep shows up tonight?
        Tell you what, there will be a Beretta 380 with a full magazine waiting for him.

If it is between my babies and him, the choice is clear. I do not take lightly the fact that I may end a life, but if they are a threat to my loved ones, I WILL protect my loved ones.

Comment

To be honest, I seriously doubt that this punk would actually try anything. There are people out there who get their jollies by harassing people.

I'm with you, though. I would empty a mag on him if he actually showed up starting anything.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Telemarketing from a cell phone #? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Maybe I'm missing something, but that makes me think it just sounds like some choad crank calling. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Comment

ya a cell phone?
              That doesn't sound right.
              put a slug in him for me will ya?
              I'm sick to death of all these a-holes that call my house everyday offering me sh*t I don't need or want. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

i think that's creepy as fukk. be ready to kick some tail joe, i hope it's just some douchebag thinking it's fun doing this to people.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

arent there laws about phone soliciting? Also, telemarketers never call from cell phones so not sure whats up about that. As long as you have this on file with the police, if he steps anywhere near you or your family, you do what you have to do. Clear cut case of self defense

Comment

I believe he called from his call center the first time and then switched to his cell to harass us afterwards.
                    That way his cursing and threats wouldn't be recorded on his side.
                    Luckily I have one of his calls recorded.

Comment

Why not to block #s that you don't even know?
                      I thought there is a service by telephone company that you can only receive calls from the #s(such as your friends,family,work,doctors..) you authorized and this way, you will cut weird call like this.
                      However the downside is you will not be receiving some other calls.
                      But maybe you try this for a month and this will calm down.

Comment

Nothing will happen, I'm sure. Barking dogs never bite, as we say.
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

What God? I have never heard that line before..
                          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          They would bite you know that.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, I will be adding the no-ID no-call service to my telephone.
                            If he calls tonight I will hand things over to my lawyer, an expense I am not looking forwards to, but I have several. Like my brother in law, his sister and the office partner's son.

Comment

If he calls you again tonight, why not scare him instead.
                              Telling him you know where he lives, knw where his wife or girlfriend lives and you want to suck his balls and so on. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He knows you got scared so why not scare him more than that?
                              It is called "shock treatment".

Another thing you could do is when he calls you, put very loud music on the phone(by answering machine maybe) and leave it that way until he hangs up the phone.

I think the best way is to keep everything recorded just in case.

Comment

Working...
                              X