SoCal Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal Earthquake

So here I am reading the forums(by the way I'm in Downey), when all of a sudden the place starts shaking a little, not too long about 5 seconds, but enough to make you sit up straight, and go "okay what's next". The joy of never knowing if it's going to get worst or that's all that is going to happen. Anyways looked up the Quake Website and yep SouthEast of us a 5.6. It was a shaker, I prefer the rolling ones myself.

Earthquake Page
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Re: SoCal Earthquake

I am out in Riverside and this place shook twice. Once just a little and then very hard and loud. I believe the epicenter was somewher near me! It was strong enough to knock stuf off of the shelves but we are all ok!

Comment

I'll take my snow any old day!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I am out in Riverside and this place shook twice. Once just a little and then very hard and loud. I believe the epicenter was somewher near me! It was strong enough to knock stuf off of the shelves but we are all ok!

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear all is ok. The Epicenter was in Anza, it looks like it may have been a series of about 5 or more magnitude 2+ quakes followed by the 5.6. That of course is the one I felt.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Here is a map of current activity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I'll hafta call my brother tonight ..he is in Riverside also
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

moved to Rochester,NY 3 years ago,we get snow and quakes here...first one scared the snot out of me(didn't get that stuff in Chicago)...Glad everyone is ok...hope that is the worst of it..oh,almost forgot...some brainchild here thought it was a good idea to build a nuclear plant ON the fault line...Genius...Pure genius....
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Slept through it on the floor. Of course the radio was up real loud anyways.

Comment

Woke my ass up. The house was shaken back and forth several times. I'm in OC. No biggie.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

We had a 4.0 here in Tennessee last week. It was a roller, not a shaker.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Earthquakes scare me as much as terrorists. Not at all...

Comment

i'm still running around like a whacked out cat after an m80 blows up near one.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

yeah, but tommy, that's your usual state.
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'll have to give Sven a call later to see if he's alright.

Kev and Sully... I got a picture to send you two later... You'll get a kick out of it.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Tommy,

Your natural state is that feeling you get when you're leaning back on a chair, and you almost tip backwards. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X