Got Kids? Check this out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Kids? Check this out.

I have a 4 year old daughter. Naturally, she has made quite a few friends in her pre-k class as well as the neighbors we have. My daughter gets invited to a birthday party at a local zoo as well as her classmates and the neighbors son who, by the way, is a BRAT!! My wife takes my daughter to the party and the neighbor brings the BRAT along with, her husband and their 2 year old who has, chicken pox and pink eye!! This woman is a nurse and she or her husband could have stayed home and watched the 2 year old!! Well the BRAT has a birthday party today and personally, I dont think my daughter should go. I cant believe someone would do something like that. I also will have a hard time convincing my wife not to take my daughter. What do you gals/guys think of this?

Re: Got Kids? Check this out.

Dude, definately keep your daughter away from the party! That just smells like a disaster waiting to happen! If your wife does take her, then tell her if your daughter gets sick then she will be the one taking care of her! I know you don't want to see your daughter sick so definately put your foot down and say NO! Please be cautioned that in saying NO a bad case of blue balls may ensue [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It is definitely not worth exposing YOUR 4 year old to not one but two, possibly more.. infectious conditions. You can all get sick!

Comment

+1
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

lol i take it you dont like the brat.I wouldnt worry about your daughter getting any infections-all kids get this and that from time to time-no point wrapping your girl in cotton wool and shielding her for ever-she will get over it if she got anything-anyway its a party,if your that worried make her wear a surgical mask [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I wouldn't subject my kids to that environment. Are these people close friends? If so, buy a small gift (i.e. cheap) and drop it off and say something came up and you can't make it. If your not close with the parents at all, don't even bother going or getting a present, IMO

Comment

We didnt go and didnt let our daughter go. But I seen a WHOLE bunch of cars at their house when we went by. Thats pretty sad to have all those people, mostly children, at their house when they should have canceled the party.

Comment

You did the right thing.

I predict that as the near future approaches you will here that other children have caught something and that the parents who did expose their younglings to the bugs will feel guilty and the guilt will display itself in resentment.. of course it will all pass like a bad storm in time.

You cant live in a buble but you should practice preventative medicine/actions. Everybody be respectful of each other.

Comment

You absolutley did the right thing!!!

The BRAT'S parents seem really inconsiderate...

They obviously should have rescheduled the party...

Comment

I agree that you can't shield them from everything all the time, but to throw them into it saying "oh well, every kid gets sick" is simply retarded. If you KNOW they have it, keep your kids away from them until it's cleared up. I mean, just because other kids got raped doesn't mean it's ok to leave them in the care of a known child-molester.

And frankly, no, I don't see a difference between the two.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

When my wife was a kid (not that long ago, but on another continent) when one kid got sick, the mothers all sent their kids to that house, so they all got it.

Be sick, build antibodies, never get that thing again. At least, that is what they were doing. How screwed up was that!? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
                      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

KEEP the HELL AWAY!!!!!
                        i was one of the lucky ones who did not get them in lower grade school, but they are highly contagious, and if you get them when you're an old buzzard (35 or over) it is a living hell from what i've heard.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah, my first encounter as a 36 year old with twins was the pink eye. That was interesting. Wake up in the mourning and your eye lids are frozen shut. Nothing like pealing your eyelids apart [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X