Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uli John Roth.... MUST READ>>>>>

[ QUOTE ]
    that is a cool story. Jon, I want that video! trade something?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Dude, I tried to PM you for your address to send it to you, but your PM box is full. So PM me your address if interested.

Lerx/Rich
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey Rich...where you been brotha!

Rich hooked me up...me and Mrs Bill Z Bub...watch the Uli tape all the time...Uli is THE only guitarist that she cares about...she thinks all others are boring...she always states.."Uli is the only one that gives me goosebumps"..

I'm jealous! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Bill! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Been at the War Board a lot at Metal Sludge!Yeah, Uli's one of a kind alright! Don't be jealous though, he's unlucky at love. His girlfriend for years was Monika Danneman, who did the artwork on the Electric Sun albums and was also a girlfriend of Hendrix. They were together for years but a couple of years ago she committed suicide by sucking on the exhaust pipe of her car. As far as I know he hasn't talked about that; who wants to ask after all? But I feel real badly for him since I read that. He lost his love and you still have your Val so no need to be jealous of Uli.If anyone deserves a nice adoring 18-year-old girl right now though, it's Uli Roth!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          One of the recent Guitar World mags came with a CD that had a lesson with Uli. It showed him playing the opening solo to "Sails of Charon" as well as a section where he breaks it down bit by bit and explains not only how to play it, but what he was thinking as he composed it. It was awe inspiring.

[/ QUOTE ]
          which issue is that?i wanna see if i figured it out right and watch him jammin on it.
          "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hey Bill! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Been at the War Board a lot at Metal Sludge!Yeah, Uli's one of a kind alright! Don't be jealous though, he's unlucky at love. His girlfriend for years was Monika Danneman, who did the artwork on the Electric Sun albums and was also a girlfriend of Hendrix. They were together for years but a couple of years ago she committed suicide by sucking on the exhaust pipe of her car. As far as I know he hasn't talked about that; who wants to ask after all? But I feel real badly for him since I read that. He lost his love and you still have your Val so no need to be jealous of Uli.If anyone deserves a nice adoring 18-year-old girl right now though, it's Uli Roth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Monika died some years ago, I believe. From what I read, Uli has married again, and Frank Marino even produced an album for Uli's current wife. I'd love to hear Uli and Frank work together, but Frank is not into the neoclassical thing, so their collaboration might not be as productive as you'd hope. I'm sure they could do a mean jam on some Hendrix tunes, though. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I have another Uli tape that's a classical concert with rock band and symphony, followed by Uli's rock band playing a set of Hendrix tunes with Randy Hansen, the original Jimi tribute guy and supposedly Jimi's cousin. Coming out to jam on one song is Zeno Roth, Uli's little bro, who ain't no slouch either but is to Uli about what Jimmy Vaughan is to his bro Stevie Ray. That tape is better quality but has tracking problems. Seems like you can't get a clean smooth tape of Uli! Well, anything beats nothing when it's the Maestro!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

No shit I didn't know about what happened to his woman Monika...that art she did for his first solo Earthquake is titled "Rising Force"...hmmmmmmmmm that sounds familiar [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I had a Zeno album...the blue one ..with some kid holding a shell to his ear...man I have to hunt that down again on Ebay ...I can't remember for the life of me what that album sounded like...but I remebered listening to it quite a few times..but my memory eludes me...too much THC I guess.

I have another Uli tape ..a tribute to Hendrix..with Randy Hansen , Jack Bruce , and his bro Zeno..but the pic is horrible now..it's a very old tape..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, that's the same one, and I had the eno album too. Zeno is pretty good in his own right but I was hoping for another Uli and I think because he wasn't anywhere near that I spun it a couple times and that was it. If I saw him playing in a club though could listen and dig his playing though, he's not a slouch,
                  just not Uli.

Yeah, guess it's been longer than I thought since Monika died. Time flies these days. I'm glad he's got a new wife, ifanyone deserves happiness it's Uli. What a good-natured guy, besides the talent!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My friend saw him when he came thru town a few months ago and got me his autograph...that was soooo cool.

I couldn't go...man that was like God coming thru town and I couldn't go...my son was sick...so I stayed home with him instead.

hopefully there will be a nexy time..

Comment

Working...
                    X