Batman Begins.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman Begins.....

Anyone running out to see it? I think I am going tomorrow (awesome place by my house... office chairs waiters serving you beer etc...) but the reviews I have heard are great.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Batman Begins.....

I'll go see it, but I admit, I'll be really distracted trying to pick out what was filmed in Chicago and what wasn't. Even in the trailers I've already picked out the scenes that were filmed in front of my office.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

really??? i didn't know they filmed there. that's cool! i can see how it'd be distracting, though. kinda hard to suspend reality, i would imagine.

i want to see it; i saw a 10 minute preview of the movie, and i think it looks very cool. the only thing that i didn't care for was bale's "batman voice;" it's a little lacking, imo. i'm sure i'll get over it, it looks really cool.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Adam West is the only true Batman! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ahhh, who am I kidding? Yeah, I'll go see it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of shots were done on Lower Wacker. For weeks the site of the old Mercantile Exchange building (demolished last year) at Washington and Franklin had Gotham PD and other prop cars parked there. It was pretty cool. Though I never saw the Batmobile until the trailer was released.

In the trailer they've been showing on TV, the scene where the big-ass Batmobile crashing through a half-wall is the parking garage across the street from my office at Franklin and Randolph. My office building is in the background to the left.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Daley has done a good job in getting a lot filmed in Chicago...

Sully yeah Bales Batman voice is funny
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Its starts the first showing here at 12:01am tonight/Wed morning. Then a whole list of showings starting early afternoon to late night Wensday.
              I most likely won't see it Wensday but before the weekend is over I'll check it out.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Can't wait!!
                I saw the 9mins preview and looks good.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Daley has done a good job in getting a lot filmed in Chicago...

Sully yeah Bales Batman voice is funny

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what you want about the Meigs field debacle, but the man gets things done! (just like his old man)
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

All I've heard are reviews saying that it is very well made and sort of scary.
                    I'll see it this weekend.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Scary?
                      Heck yeah...if done right, it should be a touch scary.
                      He's the Dark Knight, meaning he has personal issues (lots of them) and isn't friendly like the goofy 60's era. Again, if they do it right, he suppose to be frighteningly dangerous. He's at time not sure where the good and evil line is drawn. Its all personal.

They can't really bring out his true Dark Knight character on screen because of the kids. But if they did it would be a rated R flick with a violent adult storyline. This wouldn't set well with the parents of the kids. They would start whining about it being too violent and too scary for kids.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Hey!.... if the they make it a R-rated film they might as well throw in some kinky scenes with fruity Robin. You know they got it on the batcave at one point or another. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Hey!.... if the they make it a R-rated film they might as well throw in some kinky scenes with fruity Robin. You know they got it on the batcave at one point or another. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

NASTY!!! I sure could have gone the rest of my life without that image poping into my brain. Keep it PG if thats the way its got to go. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Well looks like I'm the first one on here to see it! Saw the midnight first screening in IMAX last night!

Firstly I must say that I've always been Batman obsessed so it's hard for me to give an objective review. I do however think that this is the best Batman movie ever. This has to be the strongest cast giving the strongest performances of the best script the Batman movie franchise has ever had.

I do like how the "Batman" scenes are shot like a horror movie where you see stuff but you don't see stuff. The fights are pretty brutal because of that, this guy's some brawler.

The Batman voice is pretty good I think (he's no Kevin Conroy), he's sounding like a death metal vocalist sometimes while talking. But if you notice the quality of the voice changes throughout the movie till he finds something that works. Just like the book "Batman: Year One" you see how every bit of the persona develops in an organic way.

There's a pretty good twist in the plot so I'm not gonna mention anything about the story but somebody is not what he seems.

Amazing movie, seeing it again Thursday. Giving it a day to think about it before I go back.
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

thanks for the review! and thanks for the insight on the voice. the only part i saw where he's "batman talking" is in a scene where he's talking to katie holmes, maybe in a subway, or something like that?

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X