Batman Begins.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Batman Begins.....

That Batmobile is complete sacrilige, imho. It's more like a living-upto-the-over-the-top-fad-of-these-last-couple-of-years kind of monstertruck than a cool batmobile.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

imo, yes and no. i heard it described as a hummer meets a stealth bomber, and i was thinking of an SUV with bat wings! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] it wouldn't be my first choice, but i think it's cool in its own right. batman returns was on the family channel last night, and it made me think of how dated that batmobile looks now. it was sleek and cool when that movie came out, but certainly not in my eyes today. i think we all have to remember that this is batman unrefined; square one, if you will. one thing that i really like is how the texture of the cape is different from the rest of his suit; i think it makes it look really cool.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I am majorly sick @ work today and may not go tonight but this movie looks so freaking good....
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I'm going Friday... Can't wait to see it! I wonder if they'll have Bale posing in the mirror while doing a chick doggie style? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            thanks for the review! and thanks for the insight on the voice. the only part i saw where he's "batman talking" is in a scene where he's talking to katie holmes, maybe in a subway, or something like that?
            sully

[/ QUOTE ]

That scene is pretty early on Sully. It's his first night out as Batman actually so no he has not developed a good way of masking his voice yet.

As for the Tumbler (Batmobile). I think it's the coolest thing since the Batman '89/Returns car. It's way more brutal and when you see it in action you'll be pretty blown away. BTW, that Batmobile is suited to the Batcave perfectly because there's a huge rampless jump through a waterfall you have to make to enter the cave ... no regular car or Batmobile can do that.

One dissapointment for me was when people see Batman through the effects of Scarecrows's fear gas. It looks cool but I thought they would have thrown in Man-Bat from the comics just for a nerdy reference.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

There are at least five of those 'Monster Truck' batmobiles... (see link at bottom of page)

This is the coolest car ever created:

One of the two ever created is here in Europe, in a carmuseum in Germany. When my lawcareer succeeds, that'll be the first 'toy' I'll get, albeit for a lot of cash...

I found an open dir with some very amateurish shots.

http://www.hightechlegion.com/greg/batman/pics/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                http://www.hightechlegion.com/greg/batman/pics/

[/ QUOTE ]

Those pictures were taken in Chicago. (the CPD squad car in the last picture is a dead giveaway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) That's the new Lower Wacker Dr.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I'll see it sooner or later. I not going to "rush" out.. there are at least 48 movie theaters in the "New Times Square" right up the block.

AMC Empire and Sony/Lowes. Great modern theatres with great AC and the better high back airliner type seats with plenty of leg room.

Sunday I saw Cinderella Man with my wife and son. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Jaw breaking, nose bleeding brain separating blood dripping.. good fights.

The "great depression" in the USA from 1930 to 1938 was a disaster. I'd fight it out also! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I'd like Hollywood to make a movie about the Silver Surfer!

Comment

Tekky. The page explains what exactly it is. They got into the sealed Lower Wacker by jumping down from the freeway. They hung around the set all night and tried to get in and such.

Comment

Just got back from the movie.
                      It was good...as far as good is concerned, it was good as the first one with Keaton. Nothing really fantastic but it was good. Definitely like the new bat mobile if thats what you would call it. It serves it purpose in the movie well. Storyline was decent, but could of been better. Overall it was good but not great.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

They're scraping up the Superman property again this year, too, so I'll probaby go see Batman this weekend.

I really hate the character of Batman, always have. If I was a billionaire who had problems with law enforcement, I sure as shit wouldn't put on some spandex, a giant cape that woud get caught in car doors, a rodent mask with no peripheral vision, and NO GUNS and try to fight crime myself. Totally fuckin' stupid. Now, I might hire a bunch of other guys to do that kind of silly shit. I wouldn't be a Dark Knight. I'd be a Dark Lord.

And the same question Jack Nicholson asked in 1989, is even more poignant now in post-9/11 Homeland SecurityLand — "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
                        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I dare you to say that, to the guy on the left.

THAT SIR IS A HERO
                          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Tekky. The page explains what exactly it is. They got into the sealed Lower Wacker by jumping down from the freeway. They hung around the set all night and tried to get in and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see an explanation. I just saw the directory listing and decided to give people reference to what is Chicago in the movie. I see it almost every day.

Freeway?? Wacker Drive is technically a double-decker bridge that runs along the Chicago River. The closest to a freeway that it gets is Lower Wacker itself, it is a common East/West artery through the city. Until it's demolition and reconstruction a couple of years ago it was more treacherous than anything you'd find in Gotham City.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Here's the page. http://www.hightechlegion.com/greg/batman/batman.htm

I found it by snooping around his open directories though, so don't shoot me! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

While I don't condone snooping in directoies, he did post them in the pages, so he did want them publicly displayed. (do it on my site and you're in for a rude awakening)

This morning, I decided to take a few pictures to give you guys some idea of the area of Chicago we're discussing. I may be destroying some movie magic, but I never really liked magicians. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(I also think it's neat to see the real-life scenes taken out of the context of the movie)

Here's Wacker drive in the daylight and outside from the Wells St. bridge. (first picture is looking East, the second is looking West) You may not notice it, but it's the structure under the buildings and above the river. (that green stuff... it stays that way all year, even after we dye it green on St. Patricks Day) Upper Wacker has access to all of the side streets, lower Wacker was constructed (over 75 years ago) to supply the buildings with garbage service and other deliveries.

The next pictures are of the building that I work at, which appears in some of the background shots. When they were filming they had these huge ground lights that lit up the face of the building. The first picture is from Wacker drive, there's a side street that accesses Lower Wacker. In the mid-ground you can see part of the structure (parking garage) that the Batmobile crashes out of in the trailer. The second picture is a straight-on shot of the building from Franklin St. This is now the ugliest building in Chicago. (now that the Sun-Times building is gone)

This is the aforementioned parking garage that some filming took place on.

As a bonus, for you SimCity players....

This is 225 W. Wacker... It is one of the buildings used in the game.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X