Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Batman Begins.....

Cool pics.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

agreed. thanks for the pix todd, it's nice to see them.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well I saw the movie, not much to say about it.

.......i'm gonna have to see it a couple more times.

Comment

Very nice pictures. I'll have to visit Chicago in the summertime sometime! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Great pix!

Oh, and just so you know. I saw it again yesterday in Imax. That's twice in 2 days. Damn I love this movie!
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Saw it yesterday. It justifies a lot of the technical questions of how Batman operates. Better than the comics ever did, for sure. So that was good.

Strange how they disconnected from the other movies by again making Joe Chill the killer of the Waynes, rather than Jack Napier/The Joker. Some of the imagery in the opening scenes were obviously lifting from The Ring and X-Men 2, which was a little annoying.

Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman were excellent in their roles, although Freeman's wasn't a great challenge. Not a fan of Rutger Hauer, but he was okay. Never thought I'd see Gary Oldman in a role that probably should've been played by Dana Carvey. Liam Neeson never fails to give me a headache in any of his roles, and I couldn't believe how fake his facial hair looked. His ears looked fake, too, but I know they're not.

Katie Holmes was the same as she is in everything else — just kinda there. And her face is so distracting. Depending on the lighting, she can instantly shift from being kinda cute to being downright fugly. I didn't understand her crap about "the man I loved didn't return." What? You mean the spoiled Princeton jock? You prefer that to the guy who saved both the city and your life? TWICE?? It's like they were trying to do that unrequited love thing from Spider-Man, but have her dump him instead of the other way around. Either way, it just didn't work.

Christian Bale had his moments. Most of them early on, unfortunately, and all of them due to Michael Caine's performance.

Bottom line... it was okay. Better than I was expecting. Kinda long, keeps getting bogged down in new subplots. But they do all tie back together in the end, somehow.

But basically, I'm just glad they didn't do that thing where he whips off the mask and then he's not wearing any black makeup around his eyes. That fact alone is worth a thumbs-up.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Strange how they disconnected from the other movies by again making Joe Chill the killer of the Waynes, rather than Jack Napier/The Joker. Some of the imagery in the opening scenes were obviously lifting from The Ring and X-Men 2, which was a little annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not strange at all, Joe Chill killed Thomas and Martha Wayne. It's a problem comic book fans such as myself had with the first movie, good as it was Tim Burton was not a fan of comics so he just threw characters together and made a movie. He has even been quoted as saying "I would never be caught dead reading comics," the guy who directed Batman '89 said that!

The Joker had nothing to do with Bruce's formative years, Burton's movie is filled with many flaws that can be picked apart but that's one of the major ones.

They did however change how Joe Chill dies. In the comics Bruce never finds out Joe's the killer till he fails to save him from falling off a building. So in the end Bruce saw Joe die before his eyes like his parents and found the pearls in his possestion.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Just got home from the theatre, I do not know all the Batman legend ....but I had a good time, pretty cool movie.

Comment

just got back from seeing it.

i thought it kicked ass, and may be the best of the movies. i hope they do another.
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I read the comics. That's why I said they made Chill the kiler again. But I thought there was some intention to connect this to the previous movies. Which with that, they've just made clear that there's not.

Ahhh, Chill could at least have said, "Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

they're going to make new batman films...not connect to those lousy piles of crap.

Jack Nicholson is the only respectful thing in all of those past batman movies. I hate them all. THis one was awesome. Sure Liam Neeson looked like he walked across teh studio parkiing lot after he got done doing a shot or 2 of the Crusades movie...but whatever. His character was pretty damn cool

Comment

i liked each of the movies when i saw them, but as time went on, the only ones i still wanted to watch would be the first two. i did like val kilmer's batmobile, though. that was pretty cool.
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And here I thought that only chicks digged the car. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not strange at all, Joe Chill killed Thomas and Martha Wayne. It's a problem comic book fans such as myself had with the first movie, good as it was Tim Burton was not a fan of comics so he just threw characters together and made a movie. He has even been quoted as saying "I would never be caught dead reading comics," the guy who directed Batman '89 said that!

The Joker had nothing to do with Bruce's formative years, Burton's movie is filled with many flaws that can be picked apart but that's one of the major ones.

They did however change how Joe Chill dies. In the comics Bruce never finds out Joe's the killer till he fails to save him from falling off a building. So in the end Bruce saw Joe die before his eyes like his parents and found the pearls in his possestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This Batman is it's own franchise make no mistake. I liked the nod to Scarecrow on the horse which reminded me of The Dark Knight Returns.

I loved this movie everyone else I was with was so so on it. I thought it was excellent.

Okay for the Joker my Suggestion is Crispin Glover. He has the perfect look and if you have seen Bartleby or Williard he can play disturbed no doubt.
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Okay for the Joker my Suggestion is Crispin Glover. He has the perfect look and if you have seen Bartleby or Williard he can play disturbed no doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just playing disturbed?? From interviews and such, I never got the impression that it was an act.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X