Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your favorite JEFF LOOMIS solo

hi guys

this goes to all the JL lovers out there...what's your favourite jeff loomis solo? or well, lets say your top 3 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    they are all too great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

well, for me it is (in no particular order)
    -engines of hate
    -tomorrow turned into yesterday
    -never purify

although inside four walls is such a close 4th one that it deserves to be mentioned, too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

the great thing about those leads is that they were all almost totally improvised in the studio. i'm not too sure about never purify, but i know that jeff said that both engines of hate and tomorrow turned into yesterday were improvised... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

let's praise one of the best (if not THE BEST) metal guitar players alive. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    actually, he's my nr. 1. the only one who COULD kick his ass is jason becker, but only if he was still able to play...and only after those 20 years of improvement. some may think it's blasphemy, but i personally prefer jeff loomis over beckers old 80s work. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

greets

Re: your favorite JEFF LOOMIS solo

that one where he plays really fast and technical -like!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Wow brother nice thread..

well there is too many to list for me..Jeff just kicks me in the balls ..ya know..

hmmm...some of my faves are The River Dragon , The Sacrament , I Voyager..shit he can do NO wrong in my book.

Jeff is dam man..

I have alot pics of Jeff and I thru the years...I wish I could post them...there was a HUGE pic that John posted a few years ago..some of you may remeber..getting a glimpse of the Bill Z Bub..:p
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The River Dragon is a killer solo. One of his best, for sure.

Loomis is too good to be in the underground. He deserves to be heard by the masses. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

River dragon and Enemies of Reality come to mind.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I actually like the more simple playign he does.

Dreaming Neon Black is totally awesome. And The Heart Collector.

My favorite faster song is 42147.

Comment

Working...
            X