IPOD pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPOD pros and cons

i love my 20 GB IPOD.It has my whole cd collection and then some in it.Death Metal,Thrash,Blues,Shredder Stuff etc.Its a awesome little peice of technology.Create my own playlists in any order etc.But last couple of times i went jogging,it seems to freeze.At first just once.Now maybe two or three times during my jog.Usually when im running,then have to stop,check it,sometimes reboot it,all while its blistering hot on the asphalt,messing up my whole momentum.Maybe its me but my battery does not last 10 hrs either like the box says it should maybe 4-5 hrs tops.6 pushing it.Maybe i should stay home,eat pizza and burgers,dont exercise,leave it hooked to my computer and not worry about it.Im getting a beer.... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Re: IPOD pros and cons

I have one as well. It has a 20 min skip delay, but when that gets used that's when it may freeze up and such. I wouldn't suggest running with it. If it were me I would just get a shuffle for working out. It's flash player so no moving parts to mess up while working out.

Comment

I wasnt too sure how it worked but with no moving parts,i figured it would be perfect for jogging.i wonder if it would help if i got a armband/case for it.damn technology....

Comment

check your battery on the apple site for recalls. They've had a ton of problems with batterys and have been issuing recalls and replacments for certain models. Maybe a shot.
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

yes, there was a class action suit about the battery life thing. check that out. however, i have an ipod mini and have never had any problems with it whatso. but yeah, get one of them armband thingys.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

by the way, G_N_H, what part of dallas are you in? i'm in plano.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Im in cedar hill.By Arlington/Joe Pool Lake.

Comment

Apparently you're not supposed to be moving around vigorously with it. It IS a little computer after all.

I still need to find a tiny MP3 player that holds a crapload of songs while running two AA batteries and has no moving parts. So far, nothing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Apparently you're not supposed to be moving around vigorously with it. It IS a little computer after all.

I still need to find a tiny MP3 player that holds a crapload of songs while running two AA batteries and has no moving parts. So far, nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I agree.But i was looking for the same.The IPOD seemed the way to go...

Comment

The Shuffle is close, but I need a little display on it so I can navigate the playlist, and I'm guessing it also runs on its internal rechargeable battery. I'm used to my MP3/CD player that I've had for three years now but what I don't like about it now are the bulky size and the fact that it's an older model so it eats batteries like a starving fat kid at McDonald's. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

someone needs to develope a mp3 player in the form of heaphones.I dont think it would get bounced or jarred too much...

Comment

Check out those Oakley shades with built in music gizmo. Dog the Bounty Hunter has one...saw it on his tv show.

Comment

Here's the link.

OAKLEY MP3
                          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

i dunno man, that's kinda what the mini was made for. i can shake the thing like a newborn foster child, and it works just fine.

sully
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah my 40 has 6 hours battery time and does lock up... The Mini or the shuffle seems a better way to go
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X