IPOD pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPOD pros and cons

I've got the mini (4GB) and no problems so far...I've had it for a good 3 months now. I go jogging with it and no problems. I'm there with the battery time too on mine...the only con I've seen as far as features are concerned is the ability to delete songs from the player itself....but I can understand why they don't have that.
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

Ipod was not the first HDD based mp3 player out there. I have several PJB-100s (the FIRST portable HDD player - designed by Compaq, produced by HanGo) and it blows pretty much all of the players out of the water with things like gapless play and changeable batteries. I really can't understand why Apple haven't got it right yet. The PJB is no longer in production yet they only had one PCB revision. And I'm running a 100GB, try that in an ipod! I get 12 hours battery life out of it, yet my third gen ipod barely lasts 6. The sound out of the ipod is not the greatest either. It sounds best with the crappy headphones they supply and that's about it. Now that ipods are a fashion statement I hate them even more. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Too bad the PJB-100 never became mainstream, I'd have loved for it to be revised to use the smaller disks and apart from that it's perfect. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Con: Made by Apple
        Pro: cool controls

I use a 20gb creative Zen and it's a lot more reliable than my friend's Ipod

Comment

Just a few days ago in the mail, I got (unsolicited) from Apple a claim form entitling me to either a $25 check from Apple, a $50 store credit redeemable toward the purchase of any Apple product, or a replacement of my iPod's battery - depending upon which generation of iPod I own.

Check out this link for more info: www.appleipodsettlement.com

(PS - I've never had a problem with my iPod freezing up)

Comment

Pro's : it stores a lot songs

Cons: it's a trendy, hyped, overpriced POS. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'd get something of a lower caliber name. Creative is nice.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Pro's : it stores a lot songs

Cons: it's a trendy, hyped, overpriced POS. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'd get something of a lower caliber name. Creative is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard the Dell DJ's are pretty nice. Been thinking about looking into those.

Comment

i believe battery life is related to bitrate of your mp3s - the higher the bitrate, the lower the battery life. All of my stuff is around 192 - 256 and I get about 5 hours as well.

Comment

Pros: Really nice interface,
                  Cons: iTunes. You can't delete songs without connecting to a computer. Scratches faster then a flexi disc.

Comment

The reason I like he iPod is because of iTunes it is a really easy management tool IMOand when you have 10,000 songs I like easy. iPod's are over priced and Creative and Dell both have comprable products for less $$$ but I like the apple interface
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i believe battery life is related to bitrate of your mp3s - the higher the bitrate, the lower the battery life. All of my stuff is around 192 - 256 and I get about 5 hours as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It also depends if you keep changing songs all the time. The idea behind these players is they read from the drive what they need and then store it in ram (where it is played from). It then re-reads another chunk once it's finished playing what's in ram. That's how they get good battery life. Of course you can ruin this by changing the song every few minutes; forcing the drive to keep running. Turn the back-light off too. But then again, I still think that Apples algorithms suck because I get better battery life out of my PJB-100 which has the same bitrate MP3s. Oh and there are better interfaces than that click wheel shit. Have you ever tried to navigate that thing while driving? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Ipod is for people who don't know better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                      X