Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVH "Mean Street" instructional video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH "Mean Street" instructional video...

I stumbled across this several days ago and thought I'd share it. For those younger guns and older ones alike, wanting to tackle the intro/song this will show how its done. Could be for some a useful site/link.

Browse down and click on the blue lettered link for video.
    http://www.jfrocks2.com/meanstreet.html
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Re: EVH \"Mean Street\" instructional video...

Nice coincidence. I was just about to post, asking someone for a video of themselves playing the intro. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Cool video.

I check out that guy's site every once in a while when there's some weird Eddie-ism that I can't figure out. Something about him kind of creeps me out but he has some good info.

Comment

Oh, and I just want to add that the Mean Street intro is one of the coolest things Eddie ever did. Fair Warning is an unbelievable album, imo. Probably my favorite VH.

Comment

Oh yeah...I too have a instructional video of me playing "mean street"..but it is banned in 45 states! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm sure someone here has seen that tape...anyone want to elaborate? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for the link-he is a good teacher

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Oh yeah...I too have a instructional video of me playing "mean street"..but it is banned in 45 states! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm sure someone here has seen that tape...anyone want to elaborate? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I thought that was called "mean beat" ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

His site is a great source of EVH info, tabs, etc.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Yes...DAS RITE...I can slap the intro to Mean Street with my Pud...

I was doing great at Guitarmaggedon until I went into that little ditty...then the police came.. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wouldn't that be Mean Meat?
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Wouldn't that be Mean Meat?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">semantics..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That guy really must have worked hard...he has figured out all the little funcky sounds and techniques for all of those songs....damn!! I mean, you can certainly learn all of those songs down to the last note with those lessons. I am going to save all of them...some are must learns.

Thanks for the link!

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

No problem, glad to help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        I added it to my favorites/bookmarked as well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                        X