Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shameless self-promotion: Under Eden CD release!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless self-promotion: Under Eden CD release!

I was going to post this in the Artists forum, but since it's not really about gear, I'll post it here instead. As some of you may know, I play in Under Eden, and am very pleased to announce that our first full-length album, THE SAVAGE CIRCLE, will be released on June 20th on Black Lotus Records...worldwide! Our label rep is really fond of the word "metalcore" but I am not, so I'll call this album what it is: melodic death metal with elements of thrash and hardcore. The songs have a definite Whoracle-era In Flames vibe in my opinion, although with more of a live-sounding production.

I don't want to turn this into a sales pitch, so if anyone wants info on where to get a copy, just ask. We currently only have enough CDs to cover our release show, but I know that The End Records is handling distribution and online ordering in the USA.

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    sigpic

Re: Shameless self-promotion: Under Eden CD release!

Good luck!

Comment

Great news. Can't wait to hear it.

Comment

Awesome news Ryan!....I've been waiting for this ever since you released the demos in MP3 submissions! Can't wait to hear the rest of the CD!

Comment

Cool. I loved the stuff I heard on your website. I can't wait to get a copy. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dude I want to get your CD...to add to my fine Metal collection! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'll keep you guys updated on the ordering situation. As much as I'd love to personally handle it, our initial batch isn't even going to cover local sales. The End *had* the album up for pre-order, but now it's gone. Not sure if they're just updating the page for the actual release, or if it sold out just from pre-order as is indicated in their site FAQ. That would really be cool (for us in the band), but it's probably just a site update.

If I haven't heard more by the weekend, I'll just bump this post on the 20th. That gives me a few more days to pick apart every song and bitch about what I wish we'd done differently.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm interested too.

I didn't know my home state of MN had a death metal scene. Where do you guys play?

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I need a CD as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Shameless self-promotion: Under Eden CD releas

[ QUOTE ]
                    I didn't know my home state of MN had a death metal scene. Where do you guys play?

[/ QUOTE ]

We've played at most of the metal-friendly clubs in the Twin Cities. The Urban Wildlife was my favorite, but it was sold recently. Station 4 in St. Paul is good too, and the sound guys are great to work with. We're trying to narrow down a date and venue for our CD release party, but not much luck so far...
                    sigpic

Comment

Dude , congrats man...I am very happy for you. From what I heard of you so far...all I can say is that we speak the same language..

I wish I could get my original project off the ground...I will in time I guess...but finding quality people is impossible!

I'm really happy for you man...I know you are proud as hell and you should be...you guys kick ass...it's a lot of work...I mean that..

The End...oh hell , I order stuff from them every month or so...I will keep a look out for that...or you keep us posted how to get a copy...I want one..

again Congrats man..on a job well done.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Bill
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

count me in for a copy. congrats man.

Comment

Congrats dude!That's a great step for your band!Now keep workin hard!I'm going to buy a copy!

Comment

Mordor and others in Europe - you can order directly from the label at www.black-lotus-recs.com or check the "Partners" section of their site for the distributor in your country. Actually, their online store has a currency converter, so anyone (yes, even Americans) can order directly from them.

Now that I've had a couple of days to absorb all of this, I just want June 20 to hurry up and get here! The first listen was weird for me, I must admit, as the album was mixed here and mastered in Greece. It sounds very raw, almost live, and they mastered it LOUD. I'm just warning you all that it sounds pretty old school. No triggers on the drums, no effects except a Boss DD-3 on the guitars, no vocal harmonies - some "gang" vocals though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            sigpic

Comment

OK ladies and gentlemen (yeah right!), I just checked back with The End, and the CD is now available in their "New Releases" section! In addition, Plastic Head Records(UK) and various European distros now have it available for online ordering. I'm updating our website as we speak.

I've got a full day ahead of me, continuing to work on the site and "real life" stuff as well, but check it out if you're so inclined!

Oh yeah, the JCF made it into the CD liner notes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X