Just had another earthquake, aftershock,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had another earthquake, aftershock,

whatever the fukk you want to call it. i grew up in new york, seen some rough stuff,but the ground moving is just not natural, i'm running in circles like a scared cat again. i need drugs. help!!!!!!!!
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Re: Just had another earthquake, aftershock,

It is fucked up, Hurricane can see it coming, Tornado Know its coming or it could be coming, flood oh shit it's raining alot it might flood. EARTHQUAKE what the fuck it's nice outside and no matter wher I go or what I do the ground is moving. Doesn't matter if I run upstairs or get on the bed shit is shaking.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

funny thing is , i bring my charvel with me to work everyday, i ran towards a door jam, then i ran and grabbed my daisy, and then i said fukk it!!! and ran outside to find all the other people in the business park out there freaking.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Aw, c'mon, this one was FUN! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Only a 5.3....
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I haven't noticed an earthquake since the Whittier quake of '87. Since then I don't pay any attention to them. I'm used to being on shaking stages, shaking cars, having the shakes, what's one more thing shaking?

Comment

i could sleep through anything under about a 5.6 unless it was very close. There was a swarm like this before the Northridge quake in 1994 though.

One of the reasons I moved back to MS, besides family, is that I can deal with hurricanes better than the bigt quakes though. I could sleep through the smaller ones, but when it shakes hard enough that you can't stand up to run for the door, that is scary. A hurricane will knock you flat too but you know it's coming days ahead, or that it may come your way. You get a lot of false alarms, but a hurricane watch or warning is a sort of instant holiday. It's like a forced camping trip, whether you head inland to avoid the worst or you batten down the hatches and stay home. Power outages suck though, since these storms happen mostly in summer when it's steaming. Next big 'un I go to my sis's in Bama, she has a generator!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ...but when it shakes hard enough that you can't stand up to run for the door, that is scary...

[/ QUOTE ]
              indeed that is
              i`m really happy living overseas
              we have none of these things
              only maybe a flooding every 10 years or what

Comment

Cascadian vault rupture finally happening? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] j/k
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I feel for ya man, I live in Japan, there are earthquakes all the time here. Most of 'em are pretty small in magnitude but there's a big one every now and then. Luckily I haven't been here for one that's put down any real damage.

By the way I don't know about the old "get under a door frame" thing they teach you... seems to me like if the building's going to collapse and you're under the door frame and the frame goes down, you're pretty screwed.

By the way, gotta correct that first post.. the ground moving is natural [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'll agree with you that it's pretty damn unsettling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    whatever the fukk you want to call it. i grew up in new york, seen some rough stuff,but the ground moving is just not natural, i'm running in circles like a scared cat again. i need drugs. help!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is Bill Hicks when you need him?
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                    X