Sold my first painting......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my first painting......

I did not think it looked all that great ,but, the couple that bought it liked the brightness of it and thought that it would help add color to their room. Plus, they both play guitar so that helps. Shit, all I did was smear some paint on a canvas and paint a half-assed looking Les Paul and made $110.00. And I do mean one half-assed/ deformed/ mis-proportioned/ abstract looking Les Paul. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Will try and get a pic or a link to a pic up sometime. -LouPicasso
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Re: Sold my first painting......

Very cool, Loupicasso...... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I just dont understand you art guys. I have artist friends and one is a great drawer as in making things look realistic and he never sells many paintings. I have a cousin that just draws a couple of stripes and a few triangles and gets paid a ton of money for it.

Anyways congradulations on your sale. Once you make your first sale I heard the other sales just start to come in. Thats what my cousin told me at least.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I just dont understand you art guys. I have artist friends and one is a great drawer as in making things look realistic and he never sells many paintings. I have a cousin that just draws a couple of stripes and a few triangles and gets paid a ton of money for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never understood that either. I cant draw stick people right, but, when I smear shit on canvas, people say I have some good ideas.....one person will comment on my " eye for proportion of color"....then I will paint one that just looks God awful silly and someone will say I have an eye for " dis-proportion of color". I dunno. If someone wants to pay me for this silly stuff, I won't complain.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Lou, have a pic?

Comment

Try to get you one by tomorrow. Oh yeah, I do RR's, Warriors, V's, Kelly's too......LOL.-Lou

Comment

http://www.artgonebad.piczo.com/

Prepare to laugh your asses off. I think I have seen pre-school kids with finger paints do better. But , hey, its SOLD!!

The guy said " Why all the color around the guitar and only white by the music note?" I said ( The shit is about to get deep here) " The music note is in white to display the purity of the music. The color around the instrument is to represent the soul and the color of sound that the instrument makes". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If you cant win 'em over with brilliance......dazzle them with bullshit.-Lou

Comment

[quote
                The guy said " Why all the color around the guitar and only white by the music note?" I said ( The shit is about to get deep here) " The music note is in white to display the purity of the music. The color around the instrument is to represent the soul and the color of sound that the instrument makes". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If you cant win 'em over with brilliance......dazzle them with bullshit.-Lou

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Sheer genius! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There's a sucker born every minute!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Best of luck to you brother!!

Comment

Dramatic use of colour in juxtaposition with the simplicity of the abstract guitar form indicating..................er, whatever. I've seen similar & much, much worse in the Tate Modern (where piles of elephant chod appear to be art). Nice score - hope you sell more - hey, a few more sales = a soloist.
                      Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] man some people try too hard [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        93 USA Soloist EDS
                        USA HT6 Juggernaut
                        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Dramatic use of colour in juxtaposition with the simplicity of the abstract guitar form indicating..................er, whatever. I've seen similar & much, much worse in the Tate Modern (where piles of elephant chod appear to be art). Nice score - hope you sell more - hey, a few more sales = a soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went there with an artist chick i know and i love art that dedication and soul goes into.. but damn man, i just didn't get that place.

Comment

Re: Sold my first painting....

$110!?
                            I should try that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                            X