Absinthe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absinthe

Anyone here ever drink the real deal? I would like to try it some day...
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Re: Absinthe

Most of the stuff sold as absinthe in Europe these days doesn't have much of the active ingredient in it (not enough to be pharmacologically active). I made a batch of the homemade stuff. It's awful. Wormwood is the second bitterest herb on the planet and you can't even begin to sweeten it enough to even take the edge off the taste.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Brad is completely right.

The absinthe stuff I buy in the shop and we drink to have fun is strong, but it's nothing like the real deal. I've only ever drank a weeny bit of real stuff and I don't think I'm going to try again.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

yeah we drink it too sometimes, I don't really like the taste but it looks cool haha
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I wish I knew where to get some of the real stuff.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I know Ted Breaux through a friend. He is a master chemist and he has replicated TRUE Absinthe...based on original bottles that were unearthed in New Orleans. He has a company that produces genuine Absinthe, not the garbage you can get in Europe (Poland, Czech Republic), but genuine Absinthe based on correct formulations that he essentially reversed engineered....and they do contain wormwood. I bought one of the pre-production bottles and it was delicious. We took it down to where a friend bartended and he made real Sazeracs with it. he had been a bartender at the Fairmont Hotel where the Sazerac was invented.

I also nursed it for about 4 months as it wasn't cheap. Just a little sugar in a slotted spoon, pour water over it....it really is a yummy concoction.

I don't have a link to Ted's Website, it is at home. I know the product is now available. As soon as finances clean up a bit, I will get some more. It is around $100 a bottle, but worth it.
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Until recently weren't the only place to get real Absinthe was from Japan and Portugal? there are a few websites dedicated to Absinthe. I always wanted to order some, but I never knew what to expect(quality wise).
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Fuck It
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I know Ted Breaux through a friend. He is a master chemist and he has replicated TRUE Absinthe...based on original bottles that were unearthed in New Orleans. He has a company that produces genuine Absinthe, not the garbage you can get in Europe (Poland, Czech Republic), but genuine Absinthe based on correct formulations that he essentially reversed engineered....and they do contain wormwood. I bought one of the pre-production bottles and it was delicious. We took it down to where a friend bartended and he made real Sazeracs with it. he had been a bartender at the Fairmont Hotel where the Sazerac was invented.

I also nursed it for about 4 months as it wasn't cheap. Just a little sugar in a slotted spoon, pour water over it....it really is a yummy concoction.

I don't have a link to Ted's Website, it is at home. I know the product is now available. As soon as finances clean up a bit, I will get some more. It is around $100 a bottle, but worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? HE will ship this in the states or do you have to go down to NO to get it?
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

??? HE will ship this in the states or do you have to go down to NO to get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is some way he gets into the states. The laws regarding Absinthe are pretty loosely enforced. I think his company is called The Green Fairy, but in French...which I can't remember. If you really want some, I am sure that I can find a way to get it for you.

Mike

Comment

Depending on the undertaking of the ordeal yeah I am interested in getting the real stuff... It isn't worth getting anyone involved in criminal activity though
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

yeah, i thought that stuff was illegal in most countries.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

This stuff is talked about pretty regularly on the Don & Mike Show. They are big fans of it. Try http://www.eabsinthe.com/ or thegreenfairy.com

-Mark

Comment

It's still illegal in the USA, but it's legal in the UK, and a low-strength version is legal in France. Apparently, a lot of its supposed ill-health effects are nothing more than a fin-de-siecle European version of all of the "Reefer Madness" bullsh!t about marijuana.

Although the wormwood supposedly does have some kind of special effect, absinthe is mostly just incredibly high-concentration alcohol--something like 68%!!! Basically, just dip a piece of wormwood in rubbing alcohol, and you've got your absinthe... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

This is an article about Ted Breaux:

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/disp...ver_story.html

These are his products:

http://www.absintheonline.com/acatalog/Jade.html

I can vouch, his Absinthe is good.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X