Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Arch Enemy Song!

[ QUOTE ]
    I am listening to the whole new album "Doomsday Machine".
    I think it is pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I'm doing the same thing--and I already like it about a 1000% better than Anthems of Rebellion. I'm a huge fan of Wages of Sin. To me, Angela's voice kicks ass over Johan's--he wasn't merely doing 'cookie monster vocals', he actually sounded like Cookie Monster! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To me, part of the appeal of AE is that they do the death vocals over more conventional metal, rather than the 300bpm million riffs-type death metal stuff. There are a lot of bands who do that stuff very well--I like AE because they do something different than that, and I think it's silly to compare them to that. That said, I really do like the writing and playing on the pre-Angela albums, but wish that they'd had a better vocalist.

Also, I thought Angela nailed the vocals when I saw them live.

Comment

I have mixed feelings on this album. It's good, but it didn't catch me immediatly like the older stuff. Even Wages of Sin was very cool, AOR didn't hit me as much and now I kinda feel this new album is a little generic for Arch Enemy. Can't put my finger on what it is exactly that's not doing it for me, but I definatly like the new Nevermore and new Darkane more than this. I still dig certain parts of this album, but overall not as much as I'd like

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I hate being the rumor spreading gossip person but as I understand it their cancelled shows because of her 'voice' are due to internal problems in Arch Enemy. They just use it as an excuse. And this wasn't just something that I've heard from the internet, this is something that I was told in person by another two bands that have played lots of gigs / toured with them. I think it was related to the whole Chris leaving thing... Not sure though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to bounce emails back and fourth with her when she first joined AE, and when she began having the voice problems. They are real and not excuses. She had several surgeries on her vocal cords to repair them, and then took signing lessons in real voice, and learning how to growl so she doesn't kill what remains of her voice. Yeah...she's very cool, and a true metalhead!

Comment

Arch Enemy is doing and sounding better than ever...and it took Angela fronting the band to get them noticed....it was a smart move ..

If they still had Liva ...then Arch Enemy ..MAY still be underground...maybe...just like amy of his other bands...or projects.

Hearse , Non-exist ..Liva's other bands are cool...but NOT the calibre of AE..no fuckin' way..

and who ever the fuck said that the guitars are uninspired or whatever...get the dick outta your ass and ears...and post something better...until then you can't say a fuckin thing..ya nasty assfucker! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't even know who said it...so it can't be personal...but whoever said it...I think your a pud [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

you know I hate folk who bitch , or shit all over other's awesome creations.....and never put out anything other than blowing hot , stale smoke up eveyone's ass..

to those people...Bill Z Bub says go fuck yourself..how ya like THAT! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Veliyasin said that!!!

awwwwwwwww ...what the hell is the matter with you ... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[Thread revival]

You can freely stream 2 minute samples of ALL the songs of the upcoming Arch Enemy album Doomsday Machine at this link!

Now a short note to Bill [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] :
                I'm against general whining as much as anyone, but still everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I LOVE the albums with Liiva on them not just because of his singing/screaming style, but more importantly because the music is "better" in my ears.
                Better for me is more melodic, a few time changes and dynamic elements or some shit..like when they kick in with acoustic guitars on that song off of Black Earth (I forget which one) and well, if you listen to those albums then compare to Angela-era then you'd be nuts not to notice a big difference in the music... (No disrespect intended)

Anyway, having listened to half of those samples, I must say this is a really positive surprise for me, they have lots of melody hell even acoustic stuff...and the solos are back to the standard which I expect of the Amotts..sounds great even with Angela! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                Now if only those bestbuy fukkers would've added something better than 20 kbps bitrate [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree..I love the old stuff..I love 'em all...I think those Amott bastages are awesome...they inspire me..

I like that...as far as the vox goes...I'm not paying that much attention...because I'm so focused on the riffage..like always..

put Tiny Friggin' Tim in there...I'd still love Arch Enemy.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm bummed that Chris left...I hope it just temporary....

his Armegeddon stuff is KILLER!!!

Bill Z Bubbles

BTW...you know me..as far as other people opinions...ahhh fuggum'.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

unless they agree with me...because I'm always right.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I don't like Angela's voice. IT's still too processed.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    I don't like her voice because she's a female cookiemonster. I saw them open for Iron Maiden last year at Universal City, I was up for hearing a new metal band and then she starts in with the the growling shit and I was really disappointed. just not my thing. the band seemed good, singer sucks IMO.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Bill, you have bad taste, thus this is me not caring about what you think. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

I've heard a few tracks from the new album, and they have deffinatly improved with every thing. I even think her vocals are better on this.

I'm not sure if this sounds stupid, but i heard a blast beat in one of their new songs, i never though they would do that [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                        93 USA Soloist EDS
                        USA HT6 Juggernaut
                        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

-Wages of sin is one of my fav albums ever
                          -Anthems of rebellion sucked.
                          -Doomsday machine is ok.. but I'm kinda bored with it already for some reason??!

I saw Arch Enemy live only once, in 2003, and they rocked.. great playing, solos were tight and Angela's voice/growl was really good
                          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I too have heard the whole CD. I still don't think they're ever gonna top Burning Bridges riff wise, but this is definitely a step in the right direction for them especially after 'Anthems.' Remember Dark Tranquillity bounced back with Damage Done and then released the mighty fucking Character album which was pretty much a complete fusion of their older style with snippets of stuff from their Projector / Haven run.

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            I hate being the rumor spreading gossip person but as I understand it their cancelled shows because of her 'voice' are due to internal problems in Arch Enemy. They just use it as an excuse. And this wasn't just something that I've heard from the internet, this is something that I was told in person by another two bands that have played lots of gigs / toured with them. I think it was related to the whole Chris leaving thing... Not sure though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to bounce emails back and fourth with her when she first joined AE, and when she began having the voice problems. They are real and not excuses. She had several surgeries on her vocal cords to repair them, and then took signing lessons in real voice, and learning how to growl so she doesn't kill what remains of her voice. Yeah...she's very cool, and a true metalhead!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all good man. Just sharing what I was told by some bands that they've toured with. They said that a couple appearances were cancelled due to the inner strife. Yes she's had vocal problems, but some of the times that was just an excuse. Fan-wise, I think people just shit all over her because she's a chick that growls, in all honesty. She's definitely cool though. One thing that tripped me out seeing them live is that she's quite short, especially when she stands next to Sharlee, who is huge. I hope they do a club tour instead of the Ozzfest / larger show getup. I prefer those club shows to the arena shows.

Comment

Bring back Johan (and go back to playing the early stuff) or disband. I'm getting sick of kiddies coming up to me and telling me about this NEW female-fronted death metal band. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

"Bill, you have bad taste, thus this is me not caring about what you think. "

well I like your attitude there Skorby..

but you will learn soon enough...I am God..

that's right I am...the one and only...the god...

oh yeah ..that's me.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X