Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Gig Tonight!

[ QUOTE ]
    Congrats guys [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Let me know when you come down south. Jim, I will let you play a set with the Dragon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You tease! One day, ONE DAY IT WILL BE MINE!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

With all the details, I forgot to mention something. John G is probably one of the best guitarists/bandmates I have ever had the oportunity to play with. Not only is he an amp guru and a wicked shredder, he's also not an egotistical toolbag! You all know how hard it is to find other musicians to play with that aren't dickheads. John is ten times the shredder that I will ever be yet he still is willing to share the solo spotlight. As a matter of fact, I dumped the solo's to Don't fear the reaper and Draw the Line (all slide parts) on him late last week and he pulled them off without a hitch. He never asked why or bitched about it he just took them and went with it. He's a great guy to work with as well. It's not like, "you learn your parts and I'll learn mine." We actaully sit down together and learn every detail for the tunes we learn and it works out great. You guys (and gals) may be reading this and saying "big deal," but I've never been in a situation where this was this easy. I am a better guitarist for being in a band with this guy!

Here's to you John! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Man, I'm glad someone else remembers Sponge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plowed is a great song and really fun to do live. I did all of the lead fills in the mid to end of the song with the sustainer in my PC-1. It sounded great. How spoiled am I that I don't rely on natural feedback for this kinda stuff! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Man, I'm glad someone else remembers Sponge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plowed is a great song and really fun to do live. I did all of the lead fills in the mid to end of the song with the sustainer in my PC-1. It sounded great. How spoiled am I that I don't rely on natural feedback for this kinda stuff! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That PC1 is so nice I can't even look at it when I am playing or I lose my concentration. I have to keep looking down at my ragged out PRS to maintain my composure.
          Our next gig is in Bristol I believe and I can pretty much gaurantee that we will be tearing it up big. At first I didn't even think this super light side project was going to turn into a band. Well, after Saturday I guess we gots ourselves a band! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            my ragged out PRS

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about mojo, vibe or whatever you want to call it, that guitar has it. One of the nicest playing PRS's I have a ever played.

Comment

Which PRS was that?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Which PRS was that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have that 1991 PRS CE that was formerly owned by Clint Lowery from Sevendust. Its tobacco blackburst running stock HFS and Vintage Bass with a thin/wide neck profile. It plays and sounds really good.

Comment

I remember that one, I think it's rad!

Comment

Congrats to two cool guys! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing this and having a good time. So my old Single Recto was pretty sweet, eh? I told you it is an awesome amp. When I was playing out last year, it was just great live. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Yea, that single killed. For our next gig it will be teamed up with my Mark III. Thats gonna be cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X