No announcement yet.

JCF Share! Van Halen: The Early Years DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Van Halen: The Early Years DVD...JCF-Share!

Well, I still have mine. I guess VitaminG either doesn't want it, or cant use the north american DVD format. First person to PM me gets it.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

sorry, zeegler. Been out of town for the last 3 days, so I've only just seen your response.

Thurston makes a good point about Region coding - my player is supposed to be multi-region, but I've yet to try a Region 1 disc in it, and this would be quite an exercise to try it out. So I might pass on it now, rather than waste your time only to find out I can't watch it anyway. Sorry for stuffing you about, and holding up the whole process.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I've got my digital camera and my smile waiting. Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind watching the DVD either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          sorry, zeegler. Been out of town for the last 3 days, so I've only just seen your response.

Thurston makes a good point about Region coding - my player is supposed to be multi-region, but I've yet to try a Region 1 disc in it, and this would be quite an exercise to try it out. So I might pass on it now, rather than waste your time only to find out I can't watch it anyway. Sorry for stuffing you about, and holding up the whole process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey no problem man. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

This thing is still up for grabs. Just waiting for a PM.

Comment

So Jimmy, have you recieved this yet? I sure don't recall seein your smilin' mug up here...

Comment

Hey this thing arrived here Friday and I watched it last night. I'll take a pic and put it up tomorrow - so, whoever wants it next...speak up.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Whelp, keep it then Jimmy. This died a quick death.

Comment

I haven't even sent mine yet. I have been super busy at work. I'm gonna get it done this weekend for sure. I'll be sure to paste a stupid pic too.

Comment

boooooo! this woulda been cool.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm in....

BY THE WAY:

The DVD region coding shouldn't matter on this.
                      I noticed this in Japan because I picked up Judas Priest's Electric Eye DVD for like 15 bucks and I saw that it was region free... then I went back and checked my Megadeth Rude Awakening, Vai's Live at the Astoria, and whatever else I had, and I started checking the music DVDs at the store, and I have yet to run across one that's region coded!
                      I think they just publish 'em all in the same place and release the same DVD in every market they want to release it in, maybe put an insert in if they want to add something for people who speak a different language (the Priest one didn't have ANYTHING in Japanese, and I don't think there are any subtitles on the interviews or whatever's on it).
                      They had the Van Halen Early Years one there but it was like 40 bucks so I didn't get it... haha. Prices in Japan are jacked up.

Comment

While we are on Van Halen, has anyone downloaded the US Festival Footage and tried to rip it to DVD ? The damn thing just will not go no matter how many times I try it. It just gets to about 25% and hangs up. I can watch it all the way through on my PC without a problem. There is also one floating around with J.E.Lee debut with ozzy doing 3 Randy songs and 2 Van Halen songs from the US Festival, but I haven't tried that one. If anyone is interested, pull up Limewire and do a search on "Live Van Halen" under video and it is titled "VAN HALEN -LIVE U.S.A (DAVID LEE ROTH ) CONCERT...avi" It should also bring up the J.E.Lee one as well.

Matt

Comment

Okay, I am an ass. I totally forgot about this again! It is going in the mail Monday though. Here's a stupid pic! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The idea is really cool [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                            X