Any Coldplay fans??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Coldplay fans??

Am I the only one??? I really dig Sudden Rush of Blood to the Head and their new album X & Y is excellent. I love the layered "Edge" type guitar tracks and the haunting keyboards. Even the vocals are cool. Lots of hooks. I must be getting old but I wouldn't mind at all being in a band doing this type of music. Sometimes metal just seems a little to monotone and non-dynamic to me.

Re: Any Coldplay fans??

if it was just me and you on this earth. You would be the only coldplay fan. And I would pity you. But we could still hang out...so long as you cooked me something.

Comment

I don't like Coldplay at all, and I have tried. My wife raves about them and makes me listen to the new album whenever I'm in her car, but I just can't grasp it. I don't like his voice and I find the music and melodies all sound the same. Like he's whining to Gwyneth or something.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

John, I was soooo dissapointed to read this was you posting this. I've only heard the radio/video songs, not a whole album. Thank God, cause I think they are boring as shit and I change the station everytime they come on (which is waaaaay too often). Sorry, I just can't stand them.
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I really hate coldplay.. they are on every music channel we have here 24/7 and they annoy the living crap out of me.. however.. they had one song I kinda liked.. forgot what is was called
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

i don't mind them, really, it's something i can have on and ignore. you may like the verve better, now they were a great fucking band.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              John, I was soooo dissapointed to read this was you posting this. I've only heard the radio/video songs, not a whole album. Thank God, cause I think they are boring as shit and I change the station everytime they come on (which is waaaaay too often). Sorry, I just can't stand them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? I don't get that comment at all anyway

I can't find anything that I like about coldplay. It is odd because I like Travis
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I don't mind them. The wife likes them and I have no problem listening along when she puts an album on. Don't think I'd put a Coldplay album on myself though.

I'm with Tets though, on the Travis thing. I like them better. Although I haven't bought one of their albums either! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Nope, I don't like them. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd rather listen to Coldplay than the Mexipolkarap crap that is played everywhere here. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                    Other than that, yep John! You're the only fan, bro. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL, I thought this was gonna be a joke thread when I saw the title.

I like some of their stuff. I was lukewarm to them, but I just saw them at Coachella this year (they headlined on Saturday) and they put on a really good show. all the musicians can really play and Chris Martin is a great showman, he played piano, guitar and sang, I was impressed with that.

they are OK when I'm in the mood for something other than hard rock or metal.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

They're really good at a genre of music which doesn't interest me at all.

Comment

Coldplay is good, I like Radiohead more but the two are not all that comparable. Coldplay could use more guitar I would say.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            They're really good at a genre of music which doesn't interest me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

Radiohead is definitely more consistant. I like pretty much everything Radiohead has done, whereas Coldplay are kinda off and on. Their new one X & Y is okay, and has a couple of really great songs on it, but the rest of the songs are kinda blah.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X