I just installed Windows XP Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just installed Windows XP Pro

If your computer attempts a dial-up connection there's something wrong with your setup - not the router. Did you install the drivers/utility for the WLAN adapter? You will need this if you run encryption on the wireless (which you <u>should</u> do!).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'm not going to be able to help, sorry, but you have to PAY for tech support at Microsoft?!!!?!?!?!?!?! The richest company in the world, with drinkingfountains that spray friggin' crystal for god's sake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me where the crystal spraying drinking fountains are - that'd be cool.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Michael- No I have not reset the netgear router yet. The router is hooked up to the main computer (the one I am using now) and the reciever is hooked up to the comp that is having internet issues. I called Comcast and they said there are no signal problems or anything like that, so I am thinking it must be the router. We tried everything we could think of while I was talking with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright.

Have you tried this?

Try this as well.
        Press "Start"

"Run"

Type "command"

type "ipconfig"

than type "ipconfig /renew"

let it sit, than try to go online.

Comment

My bro is playing games on the comp right now. I will try the things you dudes have suggested asap. I am having problems with this pc now, which I am going to start a new thread about....
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
          X