No announcement yet.

Prejudice in metal...stop the hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prejudice in metal...stop the hate!

you see , it's hard to keep posting and exposing new metal ..

when nobody gives a poop...otherwise you guys would know every single awesome metal band in existence!

that is why I gave up on my list long ago...

oh well... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

for many many years i had a closed mind as far as music is concerned. i still have a very closed mind in many other facets of life but i have learned a lot about music. i joined an acoustic top 40 rock band 3 years ago cuz these guys are all my friends and the gig pays well. i had to learn a lot of gay songs. but along the way i learned there is good and bad in all music forms. now i learn from it, instead of just shitting all over it. if i can feel it, i usually like it no matter what genre. but my first choice is and forever will be metal. the kind that makes you wanna kick puppies and beat up your friends. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

thart's kick ass Paul...yep that's how I feel about it..

I know certain bands are a matter of preferance but to write off entire Metal Genres because of a few bands is pretty closed minded and well...limited..

Jeff Loomis of Nevermore can play the HELL out of Death metal...he , like his old bandmate Pat O Brien can join Cannibal Corpse tomorrow if he wished...and be at home.

just like Gus G , The Amotts , Bill Steer can show their is much more to their abilities than one style of metal...or rock...

I must admit I'm pretty limited myself with my abilties...for one I can't play anything "pretty" to save my life...I'm always on ten when riffing or soloing...always..but I take from all kinds of styles of metal...

well if you really like something chances are it will influence you and bleed thru your own style..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

ok bill...
          my three...

brand new sin
          cypress creek
          the guest

thoughts? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

absolutely Horns, and what better way to attempt originality! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Hear the universe scream
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

Brand New sin....my kid thinks I look like that Altier dude..

OK DK2...I'm going to throw you Grand Magus , Spiritual Beggars (Mike amott) awesome , Firebird (Bill Steer) , and a couple of stoner stuff like ..High On fire and Hellfueled..I think you'll dig those..just straight foward , lean and mean kinda stuff..

BTW Paul..My bro John always was able to lift riffs off an album to a T...I never had the patience to do that...so I'm strictly an "original" guitarist...I must say It comes easier for me to come up with my own stuff than to learn someone else's...they can influence me...and I can get to close to their vibe..be it Zakk , or Dime , Lynch and etc...but I never sat down and learned anything off a record note for note...just a note here and there.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But I have a whole bag of riffs with no place to go.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i hear ya dude. the thing i think i've gained most out of it is a pretty solid ear. but something i always practice(a tip from Marty Friedman and Dimebag) is learning a lick and seeing how many different ways i can play it. usually adding a ton of notes and position shifts to the original idea, creating my own shit in the process and spawning ideas i may have never stumbled across. eventually not playing anything like the lick i learned! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] well, gotta get my sorry ass to bed. playing a wedding down Cape Cod tomorrow and we gotta leave bright and early. see you cats sunday. peace [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                Hear the universe scream
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

I gree dude...have fun in cape cod..

I'm going to eat Pizza now.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

K, Bill, I'm in the mood for new metal, so i'm throwing you a couple of my fav bands:

Old Metallica
                    Megadeth
                    Dream Theater
                    Symphony X
                    Necrophagist
                    Arch Enemy
                    Adagio
                    Angra
                    Firewind

I listen to those a lot, if that's too much bands, just choose your favorite three and give me a recommendation based on them. It'll all rock, I'm sure. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Damn GOR , that's even closer to my heart...

Old Metallica / Megadeth...Mortal Sin , Meliah Rage , Lazz Rocket , whiplash , Nuclear Assault , Nasty Savage , Heathen , Exciter , death Angel , coroner , kreator , slayer , exodus , razor , atrophy , possessed , testament, wrathchild america , defiance , evildead , forbidden destruction , ...i'm getting dizzy...there's alot more ground to cover there.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dream Theater / Symphony X / Adagio / ...yeesh...OK..here goes..andromeda , arachnes / ARK / artension / avalon / avantasia / areyon / balance of power / beyond twilight (jorne lande) / circus maximus / conception , concerto moon (awesome) , DC cooper , cornerstone / DGM / divided multitude / edenbride , brazen abbott / elegy / eldritch / empire / enertia / eterna / evergrey , fates warning , GB arts / Gaurdians of time / heavenly / heavens gate / hemisphere / horakane / house of spirits / human clay / ice age / ion vein / inner wish / into eternity / ivory tower / kamelot / kenziner (awesome) / Kotipelto / labyrinth / lana lane / last crack (love it ) / lemur voice (awesome) / leviathan / lion share / madsword / magnitude nine (awesome) / Majestic (amazing) / lanfear (awesome) / manticora / mastermind / masterplan (jorne lande) , mayadome / meduza (awesome) / mercury rising / messiahs kiss / millenium (jorne lande) , moonlight circus / moonlight agony (great) / morifadfe (great) / Mullmuzzler (james labrie) / mystic prophesy (gus G) / mystic force , mystical warning / myon / nemesis / new eden / nostradameus / opus alantica (awesome) / midnight sun (awesome) / pagans minds / oratory / pain of salvation / power of omens / planet X / platitude / psychotic waltz (love 'em) , Pyramaze / redemption / reptilian / revoltons / ring of fire / royal hunt / mike Romeo's solo the dark chapter / sanvoisen / secret sphere / seventh avenue / SHADOW GALLERY !!!/ shadowkeep / SILVER SERAPH !!!/ Superior !/ supreme majesty / takara / tarantula ' tunnelvision / star one (great) , THRESHOLD !!/ TOC / Time Machine / TIME REQUIEM (must get) / Timestorm (very good) / total ecilpse / twilight / VALLEYS EVE (aesome) , Vanishing Point (great) / VADEN PLAS ! / VIGILANTE !! / Virtuosity (kick ass) /Vision Divine / VOICE / WATCHTOWER!!!!/ Wind wraith / Wuthering Heights / ZERO HOUR (fuck yeah)!!! / Sun Cage....that is some of my favorite progmetal...that just took the ass out of me.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I will return later with the POWERMETAL....some faves of mine..

OH...and technical death stuff like Necrophagist..Alot of ground to cover there !!!!

well this was focused on my/ your love of progmetal mostly...I'll attack the other genres later..

I'll be back... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I named as much as I could so I can refer to them later instead of walking back and forth to my library....that was alot of work... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Holy moley man! That is gigantic list!

About 15 of those, I already have their work but the rest is all new to me! The hunt begins!!!!

Thanks a gazillion for the effort, man! I needed an upgrade of my current music collection and this is going to be it for sure! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I love Virtuocity, Ayreon and Sun Caged! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

No prob dude...I will highlight the most essential of all those above..to save you some time..and money

but there is much more ground to cover with the other styles we love... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I want some bands too.

I'm into Extreme, TNT, King's X, Blue Murder, Queensryche, Whitesnake, Soul Sirkus, Loudness, Lynch Mob mostly.

Some "not very old" metal bands I dig: White Zombie, Godsmack, Pantera, Sevendust, Mudvayne, Meshuggah, Nevermore, OSI, Brand New Sin

No cookie monster vocals please [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

OK OK...Endrik..I know what you want...

BUT..

let me continue with GOR's request...this will be in the technical death metal catagory as NECROPHAGIST...they are on willowtip.. which have some very talented bands in that same style on that label..I LOVE the crazy off the wall , sick musicianship of these bands...the willowtip must haves are Arsis / Necrophagist / Carpharnum / The Alarum...all awesome!..Then you have Athiest , Arcturus , Believer (christian band) / Broken Hope / Coroner / cryptopsy / CYNIC / Diabolic / GORY BLISTER!!!!/ Lunaris / MARTYR / Mercenary / Mors Principium est / Mekong Delta / Nile (even though I thought they sucked live) / NOCTURNUS / Pestilence / Sacrifice / Sadist / Sadus / SCEPTIC / Severed Savior ( our very own JCFer) / SYMBYOSIS (my fave) / Theory in Practice / Tourniquet (awesome christian band) / Vehemance / Vintersorg / WINDS!! / FARMAKON!!! / Crutch / Extol (christian band) ...I shouldn't have to mention DEATH...that's some of my favorite crazier shit.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I still have to do Power metal ...that is where I will find most Of Endrik's stuff...that and the prog stuff I posted earler...I'll get to that! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome!

Again I knew a couple of bands (Arsis and Mors Principium Est absolutely destroy! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ) but the majority of those are new to me!

I've got these all in a txt file, ready for printing and safe-keeping! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

You're a walking metal-bible man!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X