No announcement yet.

Prejudice in metal...stop the hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prejudice in metal...stop the hate!

[ QUOTE ]
    Scream , The ...classic 80's metal / rock with Bruce of Racer X and John Corabi..good stuff ..a bit dated but good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruce Bouillet shows that he's not Paul's puppet as he flashes his bluesier side. Also featuring Racer X bassist, John Alderete and future and former Motley Crue singer John "Crabby" Corabi.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd...great band made of great high rate musicians that can write great songs..The Scream was on constant rotation back in the day...my wife liked them too..

it's amazing they didn't folow up or catch on...it was bad timing ..the times were changing...grunge was taking over...and that record.."The Scream " became quickly out of print and obscure in a heartbeat...until just a couple of years ago when it was finally re-issued on Spitfire records...

until then..The Scream used to fetch up to 50 bucks on Ebay...I paid over twenty for mine...

in the day I had the cassestte..

and if you think that's bad ..all out of print Black and Blue cds...used to get into the hundreds on ebay...now those are all re-issued for a whopping 15 bucks a pop. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Todd...great band made of great high rate musicians that can write great songs..The Scream was on constant rotation back in the day...my wife liked them too..

it's amazing they didn't folow up or catch on...it was bad timing ..the times were changing...grunge was taking over...and that record.."The Scream " became quickly out of print and obscure in a heartbeat...until just a couple of years ago when it was finally re-issued on Spitfire records...

until then..The Scream used to fetch up to 50 bucks on Ebay...I paid over twenty for mine...

in the day I had the cassestte..

and if you think that's bad ..all out of print Black and Blue cds...used to get into the hundreds on ebay...now those are all re-issued for a whopping 15 bucks a pop. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they did follow up. There was a full album in the can. Along with another great band, T-Ride, a combination of the arrival of Grunge and the demise of Hollywood Records is what prevented the album from getting released. You can download both Scream albums and the elusive DC-10 album from the Racer X website.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Really I did not know this ...cool

I must go and download..I wish I had a burner that didn't skip...I need to get that music..

Hey dude ...did you ever see that that video Bruce and Paul did called Electric Fence ..just hendrix and old cover songs..it kicked arse...I used to have an old copy...but it got eatin by my old VCR..long ago..bummer! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

man, I didn't expect to see THAT LIST [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
            Thanks Bill, now I have to gather a lot of time to check those bands out, Toru suggested some great rock bands too, I'm half thru of his list.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hey dude, you can go nuts goin thru that list...

tell me what your favorite kinda stuff is again , and I'll give you three to five albums to buy that I guarantee you'll love...or just one for now!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

then we'll go from there ... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well my favourite kinda stuff is melodic rock with great singing, riffs and solos and sometimes with a litle prog favour. I like Extreme, Blue Murder, Whitesnake, Queensryche, King's X, TNT etc.

I love metal that has a lot of groove and great riffs. I love when bands mix a lot of different style dogether. I like White Zombie, Meshuggah, Nevermore, Godsmack etc. bands who use a lot of different elemets in their songs.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

OK dude..I will give this thought..

are you more partial to the tradtional stuff in your first paragraph...or the more modern , agrro stuff like you mentioned second..

there is brand new music covering both styles..meaning there is brand new music that sounds like 1990 era TNT..or blue murder...new stuff that will take you back to that same vibe..

Comment

I like both, the old and the modern stuff, I am opened minded

Comment

Endrik, check out Pain of Salvation and Symphony X. Progressive metal with great singing. Symphony X is more vanilla. Pain of Salvation is the better band by far IMO but they like to really experiment and depending on how used to that sort of thing you are, it might be weird. If you check out an album from Pain of Salvation their two best are The Perfect Element and Entropia.

I mentioned them upthread a ways but Orphaned Land is the perfect combination between heavier groove oriented aggressive stuff and progressive stuff. The singer sounds alot like the guy from Blind Guardian to my ears, if thats a plus for you, then I highly reccomend them.

I just got the new Nevermore CD, holy shit that album smokes.

Comment

hmmmm...I have all the pain of salvation albulms...that may be too progressive for endrik upon first listen..

I think their singer is incredible..

Shit...new Nevermore ..TODAY...I must go and bye it now..later! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I noticed that with Pain of Salvation their first cd (which I think still was maybe their best) was not so progressive. Usually first cds from bands tend to be kinda....ya know. But Entropia is an amazing cd and for the most part pretty straight forward. What bugs me is that after One Hour by the Concrete Lake, Pain of Salvation stopped doin jazz/funk stuff in their songs. I still think their best song is "People Passing By" which starts off with that killer slap bass bit and jazz section. Anyone getting into Pain of Salvation should stay away from Be, 12:5, and Remedy Lane which were all great albums but tended to be very wild.

Hell, the good thing about Pain of Salvation is you can get alot of their songs from their website. http://www.painofsalvation.com/samples/
                          Of the songs available, Used, In the Flesh, ! (yes thats the song title) and Inside are probably best for people new to the band. Fans of Faith No More will find lots to love in Pain of Salvation, their singer reminds me of a much more talented Mike Patton.

Damn the new Nevermore is awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the emotion is his voice in the song "Pilgrim" on OHBTCL..

yeah I know of all songs to pick...that's a ballad...weird but I think it showcase his voice very nicely..

have you heard of Shadow Gallery...you will like 'em...just picked up their new one today..

Today got the "NEW".. Arch Enemy , Nevermore , Shadow Gallery , Ayreon , Infernal Majesty , Peccatum , SYL "alien"..and I found Trivium for a dollar..!!

so I'll be listening to those tonight...bye...I can't listen to new nevermore and be on the computer...it deserved my FULL undivided attention....!!!!!

I will NOW experience ...The Godless Endevour...in it's entirety for the first time.. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

goodnight fuckers! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ever stop to think maybe just maybe the just don't like you?

Comment

"Ever stop to think maybe just maybe the just don't like you?"

was this refering to me...

please elaborate...

who are you talkin' to..

me...

and if your are talking to me..

why...

are you high...

Mr. "maybe-just-maybe-the"..

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X