rebuilding an old Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuilding an old Tele

I'm refinishing and rebuilding a 1984 MIJ Telecaster that has sat idle for a longass time. the neck and electronics on this my first guitar were worthless, so they had to go.

years ago I put stickers on the finish, the foolishness of youth, it fucked up the finish bigtime and could not be buffed out. so I sanded the finish off and primed the body. I'm painting it now, a dark charcoal pinflake (using car paint, as is commonly recommended - LOL). gonna put on a bunch of gloss urethane coats and wet-sand the finish down like in the tutorials.

in the bridge, a Seymour Duncan ST59 "Little 59" Lead mini humbucker(ST59-1), these things fucking scream.

neck position, a Seymour Duncan STR3/QuarterPound Rhythm, classic tele sound with more presence and no noise.

Warmoth Pro Tele neck, curly maple, curly maple fretboard, 22 jumbo frets. these are expensive, gonna have to wait a month or so for this part of the project.

this custom parts monster will kick ass and look great when I'm finished! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: rebuilding an old Tele

cool! i love my tele.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X