It's all about the Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all about the Hockey

Hockey fans watch this,(hockey players, we've all lived this!) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    BeerLEague
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: It\'s all about the Hockey

I miss hockey so much!!!
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Are you telling me!!!????

We win the freaking cup and couldn't even raise the banner and celebrate! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I love the game, but these stupid owners did it to themselves and the union leader sold the players a bridge in Montana.

Let's play dammit!
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

By the rumors flying around, it sounds like a lot of older players may be left in the cold or looking at a big pay cut.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

That clip has the senior leagues down to a "T". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Down here in Tampa, Dave Andreychuk already came out in public and said that if it takes him retiring so they can sign the kids, he will do so.
            A shame.

Comment

Chelios is talking about playing for the Detroit AHL team... All the details will shake out in the next week or so while the contract is ratified by the union.

Where do we think Crosby is going to land??
              Occupy JCF

Comment

that is what it is like in the Beer leagues for sure....good fun
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Chelios is talking about playing for the Detroit AHL team... All the details will shake out in the next week or so while the contract is ratified by the union.

Where do we think Crosby is going to land??

[/ QUOTE ]

melrose stated "rangers" probably have the edge on him. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

who gets Crosby is based on who gets the first pick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] From what I understand since there was no NHL season, they are going to a lottery type of system for the draft order.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

True, but the lottery is weighted. (not sure of the criteria) I think, as dk2magic pointed out, the Rangers have the edge.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

About Crosby,
                        Listening to a sports radio show the other day, they were talking about the NHL draft and how shady loteries within the NHL are conducted.
                        It's like all the GMs are on conference call with the commish and then a voice from the league says "and the first pick goes to...."

The speculation is that (conspirancy here) Crosby might land on Pittsburgh or Phoenix. The league trying to save the Pens or putting the next Gretzky under the Real Gretzky since the great one will coaching the 'yotes next season.

When I first heard it I was like, whatever dudes you are watching way too many movies. But then I thought about it, imagine now the struggling Pittsburgh franchise coming back to an apathetic crowd after the strike.
                        How cool must it be to have the next great player, the savior so to speak under the wing of possibly the greatest palyer that ever lived.
                        This boys numbers are Gretzky like, amazingly close. You just never know if he will make it (Eric lindros as an example) but he sure looks like a star in the making.

We will see.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          True, but the lottery is weighted. (not sure of the criteria) I think, as dk2magic pointed out, the Rangers have the edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually like melrose, but his comments joking about "making sure the rangers get him" on espnnews today made think "isn't that what got the nhl in trouble in the first place?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Exactly, how can the rangers have the edge?
                            How can the lottery be weighted since there was no season last season, there fore no last place team.
                            Moreover, a bunch and I mean a BUNCH of contracts are null meaning open season for free agents. Many of these teams can load up on talent and although there is a cap now there are ways around the cap, ask most NFL teams.

The lottery should be fair and equal for everybody, whoever lucks out then ok.
                            I smell a fish somewhere, Bettman is a crook and expect nothing but the worst of him. This sons of bitches are more than likely cutting deals trying to recoup from the lockout.

Comment

NHL Draft Lottery Primer
                              Posted: Wednesday July 13, 2005 8:14PM; Updated: Wednesday July 13, 2005 8:14PM

TORONTO (AP) -- The New York Rangers, Buffalo Sabres, Pittsburgh Penguins and Columbus Blue Jackets have the best chance of drafting Sidney Crosby first overall in the 2005 NHL draft.

Each of those teams will have the maximum three balls in the lottery barrel while the other 26 teams will have either two or one each.

The lottery is expected to be held next week at an NHL board of governors meeting to ratify the tentative collective bargaining agreement reached Wednesday between the NHL and the players' association.

The NHL wants to have the draft July 30 in Ottawa, according to sources.

Each team will have a chance at drafting first overall -- a departure from recent years when only the bottom five teams in the league from the regular season were involved in the lottery for the No. 1 pick.

This time around, teams' chances are weighted according to the following formula:

• Each team starts with three balls and loses one for each playoff appearance in the last three years but only to a maximum of two, assuring each team will have at least one ball.

• The teams which had the first overall pick in each of the last four drafts also lose a ball. Florida loses two for having the first pick twice -- in 2002 and 2003 -- even though the Panthers traded the first pick in both cases, and Washington (2004) and Atlanta (2001) lose one each.

That puts a total of 48 balls in the barrel with New York, Buffalo, Columbus and Pittsburgh each having a 6.25 percent chance of landing the first pick. Anaheim, Atlanta, Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Nashville and Phoenix each have two balls and a 4.17 percent chance. The remaining 16 teams have one ball each and a 2.08 percent chance.

Clubs will draft from 1 to 30 in the order the balls are picked. The first-round order will be reversed for the second round and flip on an alternating basis through the nine rounds.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X