Does FedEx deliver on Saturdays???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does FedEx deliver on Saturdays???

When I got my Mesa F-30 combo a year or so ago, it was delivered on a Saturday by a FedEx Home Delivery truck.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's a little confusing....I know I had a little problem with a guitar that was mislabled (their fault, they lost it) and it was taking like 10+ days to get to me. When I called to place a trace on it we had a problem with the delivery times and how & what day it fell upon that I ended up doing a pickup from the facility instead of waiting till the next available day.

When you first go on their site this appears for Ground shipment under the US map:

Please note:

For FedEx Ground, a business day does not include Saturdays,Sundays, or holidays.
      Example: You ship a package on Monday that takes 2 business days to arrive. You do not count the day you ship as a business day, so your package would arrive on Wednesday, the second business day after the ship date.

Then you click on the ground link: ground link
      FedEx Ground® — U.S.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      FedEx Ground is a competitively priced service that provides reliable, day-definite delivery of your packages up to 150 lbs. to U.S. businesses.

Service Description
      Delivery Times 1–5 business days within the contiguous U.S.;
      3–7 business days to and from Alaska and Hawaii. Check transit times.
      Service Days Monday–Friday.
      Delivery Area Available to and from all 50 U.S. states.
      Package Size and Weight Up to 150 lbs. (for packages weighing 100–150 lbs., please follow the marking heavy boxes guidelines); 108" in length; 165" in combined length plus girth (L+2W+2H).
      Exceptions FedEx Ground cannot deliver to P.O. boxes. No hazardous materials to or from Alaska and Hawaii.

Then if you go to the info page for Delivery services and choose Home Delivery under ground:
      Home Delivery
      Service Description
      Delivery Times 1–5 business days within the contiguous U.S.; 3–7 business days to and from Alaska and Hawaii. Check transit times.
      Service Days Tuesday–Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
      Delivery Area Available to and from all 50 U.S. states.
      Package Size and Weight Up to 70 lbs.; 108" in length; 165" in combined length plus girth (L+2W+2H).
      Exceptions FedEx Home Delivery cannot deliver to P.O. boxes.
      No hazardous materials, except ORM-D. See service restrictions.

So, if you drop off a package to be shipped on a Saturday, it looks as tho it will go into being shipped but they will not deliver for home delivery on a Monday.

I've also gone into a Fed Ex office and asked for an insurance option they list on their website when I did a delivery price quote but the people behind the counter had no clue as to what option I was asking for or talking about, even tho I know I copied the details down from their website along with the quoted price. I ended up getting the next more expensive one but I just thought it strange they would list it as an option on their website and not have as an option for over the counter.

Comment

Well...congratulations. You've made my morning eyes cross. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I don't think it's the least bit confusing. The poster asked if FedEx delivers on Saturdays.

Well it's Saturday and the Fedex truck is pulling into my driveway, and has done so dozens of times.

So, Yes is the answer, and the answer is yes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

cool! what didja get, chuck?
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Empty case! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just bought a couple of cases off ebay last week.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Well...congratulations. You've made my morning eyes cross. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I don't think it's the least bit confusing. The poster asked if FedEx delivers on Saturdays.

Well it's Saturday and the Fedex truck is pulling into my driveway, and has done so dozens of times.

So, Yes is the answer, and the answer is yes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the info that made your eyes cross is from the Fed Ex website, maybe you should write them and complain. I realize the answer was already cut n dried for you chuck, it was established...Fed Ex home delivery is on Sat.

Comment

My Ken Lawrence explorer arrived today pics will be in a thread I start later in the guitars by other manu. forum.

Comment

Working...
                X